Mercer County Park Conditions

I rode Mercer yesterday. There is still more mud than usual in the normal spots that hold water, so that back blue trail north of the boathouse is probably a mess. It holds water even when the rest of the trails are dry, so I wouldn't recommend it.

I rode Mercer yesterday. There is still more mud than usual in the normal spots that hold water, so that back blue trail north of the boathouse is probably a mess. It holds water even when the rest of the trails are dry, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Thanks for the info. I didn't go on Friday as I had planned because of the rain we had on Thursday. I stayed here in Philly and road a local trail. It's a pretty boring trail but, it dries out really fast. I'm shooting for next Saturday or Sunday at Mercer. Hopefully, conditions will improve by then.

Thanks again

Mercer is beyond dry, surface was almost allaire like. Thought the missing link to upper blue May have been passable , it was not

Thanks for the feed back. In the 4 yrs or so that I've been riding Mercer, I've only been able to ride that trail a couple of times. It's a shame we can't figure out how to rectify this condition. It's too nice of a piece of trail to let go to waste

@cyclesick, don't know if the missing link from Red to upperblue has been passable in a decade.. are you thinking of the trail that hugs the farm field from N.Post road ?

Yes. That's exactly the trail I'm thinking of. The one off N. Post rd, on the other side of the boat house. I thought "the missing link" might have been what the locals called it. Thank you for the correction.

Rode Mercer yesterday almost all on the dam side. It is awesome. I'm not sure why these trails don't get the love of Six Mile or Allaire as this is a fast and flowy trail where you can put on a lot of miles and have a fun time doing it. It can get rooty on the other side (blue trail I think) but really a fun trail. And the thorn problem is much better now than it was a couple of years ago. I love this place. Plus the park itself it amazing with every amenity you could ask for including boating, sports fields, ice skating.... Just an awesome place.

I rode today. The Marina side had a few wet areas that I walked (close the the road) but the rest of the trails were in good condition.

Thanks Jorba for building the new bridge on the blue trail!!

@stb222 and I did some lunch raking
F7C56AF4-92D5-4DC6-A786-A2487DC011D1_zpsl2ddfgzh.jpg

Volley Ball court to west picnic area road

Its ready to rip

Before
2E2E619A-8BBE-4027-B15A-7E7AE04FD851_zps1qldamjk.jpg

After
62D65A5A-4D42-43C8-B90E-E70235012A26_zpso33wxd1r.jpg

So Kevin really does do TM? Myth busted - well done guys.

PS I raked out some trail on Monday and I didn't need no stinkin rake (had a little handheld 3 tine thing I stuck in my camelback).
Rick, I have done my time with TM, however most of it was building illegal dirt jumps. I would venture to say in the 100's of hours.

Since that time, I did 6 mile TM and a few sourlands but, admittedly, I have lost sight of TM over the last few years.

So Kevin really does do TM? Myth busted - well done guys.

PS I raked out some trail on Monday and I didn't need no stinkin rake (had a little handheld 3 tine thing I stuck in my camelback).

@stb222 is very creative with bike / family life balance. His ability to get his ride on around work and family is very commendable. It's great to see him doing more dirt activities and if it means he needs me there to participate and witness, i'm all for it. Its good stuff on so many levels.

We have some more of this in mind for the weeks to come. Dude knows about trails

He's more than just a roadie prick.

Man - this sounded sappy.

Thanks Guys! Yeah that really needed a rake out. That is a great section to rip on....nice little berms. I rode the whole park on Tuesday, including blue - north of the power lines to Van Nest. It's all in great shape for being December.
Love the new bridge by Conover Rd...... I should.... I helped build it! The usual soft spots are almost all dried up over there.
I am a member of the monthly SMART TM team. Always good to see folks take some initiative to do practical TM. Not everybody can get out on a Sat morning for a scheduled TM. A little TM time - pick up a fallen branch, rake, etc is always good karma.

Now I sound sappy too!

Tom Swords

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions