Mercer County Park Conditions

gpTron

Has anyone been here lately? Is it rideable? A lot of snow melted yesterday and then froze over pretty good. Want to hit it up tomorrow morning before more snow if possible. Haven't been biking in over 2 weeks and it suuucks.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Has anyone been here lately? Is it rideable? A lot of snow melted yesterday and then froze over pretty good. Want to hit it up tomorrow morning before more snow if possible. Haven't been biking in over 2 weeks and it suuucks.
@Big Al rode in a good loop on the marina side / van nest before the rain/warmth. I would assume it is iced over now. Riding it with a small amount of snow would probably be great.

TAS

Next week is looking better as day time time temps will be well into the 40's. Top layer will be soft but packed on the bottom. I need to get out there and remove the Xmas decorations from the holly tree!
TAS

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Tried riding MCP North today on my 2.3 tires. Didn't work out too well. Turned back after a short ride and gave up. But at least now I know the limits of my bike (and the rider) better.
FWIW, snow conditions are hugely variable day to day. Always try and go back because you never know what you will find. That being said, we got 8-10” and that is pretty much a no go unless a band of hikers or fat bikers blazes a wide trail.

blackburn1973

Actually managed a decent, short, frozen ride this morning from Marina through Van Nest loop. Still some snow but all ridable on a 26+ (though creek is running HIGH no surprise so didn't bother with that section on Orange). Likely done now as we're supposed to get up to 50 tomorrow and will be back to swamp.

Becks

3/12/21: Rode Red from Marina to Yellow loop past dam and back to camping area via Red again. Don't know the names, only the colors. Conditions are prime. Love having this gem for its easy access and natural beauty. Its just a nice place to get in a non-technical ride. Couldn't resist including one pic from last summer.
IMG_2121.jpg
IMG_0802.jpg

carvegybe

Rode at Mercer today. Generally conditions were great except there is quite a lot of rutting on the west end of Blue north. I wonder if we need signs there re-routing traffic to enter/exit the trail from the road just north of it. This would be particularly useful given that the south side of Mercer is very busy on a nice day, as it was today.

Big Al

Rode at Mercer today. Generally conditions were great except there is quite a lot of rutting on the west end of Blue north. I wonder if we need signs there re-routing traffic to enter/exit the trail from the road just north of it. This would be particularly useful given that the south side of Mercer is very busy on a nice day, as it was today.
Yeah, upper blue is still muddy in spots. Otherwise, good to go.

Mildly Wild

I was looking at the Mercer County Park website yesterday and noticed is said:

"PARK TRAILS TO REOPEN SATURDAY, MAY 2, UNDER CERTAIN RESTRICTIONS".

Is this just left over from last year?

TAS

FYI.. The Red trail between west picnic area and the volley ball courts is closed in sections due to construction. You can get around the "closed" sections by being a bit creative... YMMV

Otherwise trails are in great shape

Happy Easter!!!
TAS

viper8315

Hello all,
Lost bike pump alert. Refer to my other post...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions