MD October 4th: Guerillas in the Midst

Shaggz

A strong 7
The weekend schedule is jammed packed with TM, events, races, etc, until Mid-October. Like Mare mentioned in another thread, we will get the Traveling Holigan Series back on track soon.

While it is not an official THS ride, Brad, Tim and I will be showing VelocityBoy and some members of the BTCNJ, around Mahlon Dickerson on Saturday October 4th. This will be an fun, no drop ride that hits the highlights of the MD trail system. Wheels down at 9:00, duration approximately 2 hours. All riders will be required to sign a BTCNJ waiver form prior to the ride.

Steve

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bicycle Touring Club of New Jersey. They do a fantastic job of putting group rides together, both road and mountain. VelocityBoy can give you more info.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
We're a sinister underground guerilla group bent on world domination...

Brad, I thought you were helping co-lead on 10/4?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
well, i get to my desk around 9:30. most days. i do have a very difficult commute. :D

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Fogerson will lead, I will trail in the back. :D

Okay...

So what do y'all wanna' hit? Ya' wanna' keep IN Mahlon, or perhaps a tippy toe into the WMA? Ya' wanna' keep it sane or venture onto some of the "hmm, dunno' if I wanna' ride that?" stuff (green trail/beaver brook).

Stuff on the list for sure:
- Cascade
- Stone Gate (with a smidgen of Devil's Staircase)
- The Wall
- High Point
- Boulder Trail

What else?

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
I've been to MD just once in the last five years (last time: summer '06) so anything sounds good.

Can't go wrong with something by the name of Devil's Staircase though, huh? ;)

I do know my boys & girls like rocky singletrack (and lots of it!)

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Oh yeah, and this is muy importante,...post-ride we've always stopped at The Thirsty Moose; great food, cold hoppy beverages and because it's on the way back to Rt. 80. I'd be willing to explore something new in the opposite direction on Rt. 15 if it were worth it...I'm just sayin'

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
I've been to MD just once in the last five years (last time: summer '06) so anything sounds good.

Can't go wrong with something by the name of Devil's Staircase though, huh? ;)

I do know my boys & girls like rocky singletrack (and lots of it!)

You can certainly go wrong with Devil's Staircase...it has bitten *several* folk on this board.

Interestingly enough, the single track portions of the trails I've mentioned thus far are the less rocky parts of MD. A lot of Mahlon is "double track"...some of which is *really* rocky double track.

I know Shaggz mentioned 2 hrs...which could get burned before we hit all of what I listed in a group ride. What mileage ya' thinking Velocity Boy?

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Oh yeah, and this is muy importante,...post-ride we've always stopped at The Thirsty Moose; great food, cold hoppy beverages and because it's on the way back to Rt. 80. I'd be willing to explore something new in the opposite direction on Rt. 15 if it were worth it...I'm just sayin'

This is where Shaggz has to lead :)

Top Bottom