MD October 4th: Guerillas in the Midst

metaldork

gee, thanks everybody for the compliments. not the most auspicious first ride for a new ride, but still a good ride. i'm fin'ta call sram and see if they'll replace it. a derailleur shouldn't rip in half like that on the first ride no matter what. funny enough, after all the mechanicals and noises were sorted out, the bike rode real smoothly, even in singlespeed mode. i'm totally digging this bike.

trener1

Just to echo what has already been said.
It was a fun ride, thanks to the ride leaders.
It turned out to be a perfect day to be in the woods, I'm up for riding there any time.

xc62701

Yea the day was great. It started out rainy and chilly but the laughter and smack talking was enough to keep us warm. I enjoyed doing the speedy tube swap as my rear went flat and then Metaldork decided to make his rig explode ;). The ride was just what I needed. It was great to get out and ride with some new faces and meet up with the familiar faces as well. Since I ride 90% of the time on my own it was nice to have some company. Looking forward to the next rides and any rides this time of year.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Tremendous thanks to Fogerson & Sparta Brad for helping lead this ride and to Shaggz for aiding me in helping put it together.

Looks like I'm gonna have to amend my Top 10 list of Fav Places to Ride...
Super work done here with multitudes more primo singletrack than even a few years ago.

My favorite: Stone Gate...followed by...shoot, ALL the 1-track was great!

metaldork

turns out the derailleur broke in two spots

Attachments

• DSC00191.JPG
    DSC00191.JPG
    334.6 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC00192.JPG
    DSC00192.JPG
    325.3 KB · Views: 100

xc62701

Yes thanks especially go out to those that organized the ride, Tim, Brad, Steve, Joe... It was a great day!

mtonyb

Nice to meet all of you today. I'll definitely join in on more groups rides! I'm riding Lewis Morris at 8am tomorrow if anyone is interested...

Stocky

Sorry I couldn't make it today. I got stuck in my shop. One day I will meet some of you guys.

We'll be at the main lot tommorro morning just before 7am if anyone would like to join us. Easy pace, casual ride.

look for the White Suburban , not that anyone else is there at that hour anyway.

mtonyb

I know! i took it out for another ride this afternoon. Now i just have to sell my other one to pay for it...

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Fun time and i give another hardcore award to metaldork.I think all this split-pace grouping stuff is overthinking it a bit. You probably won't believe me but we all learn something by keeping 1 basic group

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Fun time and i give another hardcore award to metaldork.I think all this split-pace grouping stuff is overthinking it a bit. You probably won't believe me but we all learn something by keeping 1 basic group

Agreed on points 1 & 3; you may be right on point 2 as well.

Wazu

In my opinion, the best way to keep everyone together is to have group rides on easier trails that act as rider-equalizers. More flow. Less stopping.
I'd say MD is an ideal place for smaller groups with simlar fitness levels and riding abilities. The only 'perfect' group rides are during races where everyone is separated by fitness and skill. Personally, I had a blast at MD! Thanks again to those who planned it. :)

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
In my opinion, the best way to keep everyone together is to have group rides on easier trails that act as rider-equalizers. More flow. Less stopping.
I'd say MD is an ideal place for smaller groups with simlar fitness levels and riding abilities. The only 'perfect' group rides are during races where everyone is separated by fitness and skill. Personally, I had a blast at MD! Thanks again to those who planned it. :)

Hey there Mr. Wazu!

I agree. It'd be tough (impossible?) to put together a route at MD that could equalize things for a large group of all comers...hence my "over-thinking" that involves splitting the large group into smaller groups, yet provide some sync points to give it a little flavor of a single group ride.

I dunno'. 'Might be fun to try some things out...but in the end, it is the social dynamic of the group that probably makes/breaks a group ride.

We had a great group Saturday...it'd been a good ride regardless of how we managed it. And as Brett said, the hot dogs and the hot dogs in training can learn something riding together...

Top Bottom