MD October 4th: Guerillas in the Midst

For a bunch of "locals" you're just clueless when it comes to setting up a loop at MD. I'm gonna try for this cause I think it will be entertaining to watch....

Ah, it is good to see ya' around Brett :D

If we were to do the loop that you spec'd on the other thread, a lot of folks could end up walking up the devil's staircase, or stones gate, AND the wall...

The purpose is an all-comer ride, with focus on riding the more popular features of MD for BTCNJ (and others not-so-familiar with it)....not a Goatrider's Herd pound fest...

It think the route that Brad posted does that just fine....I just get hung up on riding the rail bed (flat-ish, gravel)...

There are many ways to skin that cat at MD (which is what is cool about MD)...the selected route is posted and seems reasonable given the goals.

I just want to have a ride that gives folks a feel for MD and will keep everybody on their bike.

Last edited:
This is sounding like a ball. It'll be cool to ride with Tim (Fogerson?) Brad and Steve. This terrain is SS ish right? It ain't any worse than North Allamuchy is it? I don't want to break out the full suspension do I?

This is sounding like a ball. It'll be cool to ride with Tim (Fogerson?) Brad and Steve. This terrain is SS ish right? It ain't any worse than North Allamuchy is it? I don't want to break out the full suspension do I?

Yep, Tim Fogerson is the name.

I'll be on a HT SS...and I'm old 'n fat...you'll be fine...

Edit: I run 32/20 at MD...Brett probably runs a 53/12 there...

Last edited:
We are running the loop that Brad posted. Only option I can see would be the addition of Beaver Brook, and we can split the pack there based on timing and interest.

We are running the loop that Brad posted. Only option I can see would be the addition of Beaver Brook, and we can split the pack there based on timing and interest.

Beaver Brook is the split to right a little ways from the base of the wall, right?

If so, I'm taking the other group :D

I think the gps link I posted includes the Beaver Brook trail. I never have too much fun riding on that trail.

Hey wait a minute here. I think Brett is referring to Ryan Wolf cause rest assured, this old man can't kick anyone's ass!!! Trust me.

awesome fatires

Steve,

:)Okay things are good no work on Saturday so Im up !!:D My SS 32X19 Wheels are down by 9am awesome Evan :getsome:

The weekend schedule is jammed packed with TM, events, races, etc, until Mid-October. Like Mare mentioned in another thread, we will get the Traveling Holigan Series back on track soon.

While it is not an official THS ride, Brad, Tim and I will be showing VelocityBoy and some members of the BTCNJ, around Mahlon Dickerson on Saturday October 4th. This will be an fun, no drop ride that hits the highlights of the MD trail system. Wheels down at 9:00, duration approximately 2 hours. All riders will be required to sign a BTCNJ waiver form prior to the ride.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom