Mcps Volunteer Days

N

NMBPmike

Greetings everyone, well at this time Monmouth County does not have phase two ready for additional TM dates. I am in contact with Susan Walsh the volunteer Coordinator to see if I can create a schedule to work strictly at Hartshorne until the winter sets in. I will update once I have confirmation. A training class is slated for September 8th at 10:00am at Huber woods, any user interested in volunteering in the Trails Program Must attend this class. For more information please contact Susan Walsh
at (732)842-4000 ext 4256.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Monmouth County Parks Volunteer Days Phase 2

The following trail maintenance dates have been announced by the new MCPS volunteer coordinator Karen Livingstone. Hartshorne Woods, Sat. 11/3/07 9am-12noon (trail maint. meet @ the Rocky Point lot). Seven Presidents Park, Sat. 11/10/07 9am-12 noon (beach Clean up, meet @ the activity center). Thompson, Sat. 12/1/07 9am-12 noon (trail maint. meet @ the craft center). Huber Woods Sun. 12/8/07 12 noon-3pm (trail maint. meet @ the equestrian area meeting room). for additional information contact the Volunteer office @ 732-842-4000 ext 4283, or volunteer@monmouthcountyparks.com. Hope to see you there. Brian.

Last edited:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
..about time!

The following trail maintenance dates have been announced by the new MCPS volunteer coordinator Karen Livingstone. Hartshorne Woods, Sat. 11/3/07 9am-12noon (trail maint. meet @ the Rocky Point lot). Seven Presidents Park, Sat. 11/10/07 9am-12 noon (beach Clean up, meet @ the activity center). Thompson, Sat. 12/1/07 9am-12 noon (trail maint. meet @ the craft center). Huber Woods Sun. 12/9/07 12 noon-3pm (trail maint. meet @ the equestrian area meeting room). for additional information contact the Volunteer office @ 732-842-4000 ext 4283, or volunteer@monmouthcountyparks.com. Hope to see you there. Brian.

This is great news.

Hartshorne could use a trail day every weekend but I guess one will have to do.

I can't really swing a Sat but if you ever schedule a Sunday trail day I will be there with a least 4 others.

j-

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Mcps

I have been asking them to have more days, preferably Sundays, for he last 16 years. We just got a new volunteer coordinator, so hopefully things may change with the new blood. I just posted some pictures of the last trail Maint. on jorba.org.

Last edited:

Frank

Sasquatch
correction....jorba.org

poor Brian is ALWAYS working. And he is working real hard on improving things at Mon. Co. thanks Brian

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Mcps

My bad,..... I must have been suffering from the Fair Hills Jamboree, and the long methane-filled ride home. I rode to the point of total muscle failure and was nearly killed on the way back by total replacement of air with ass fumes.:puke:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions