Mcps Volunteer Days

N

NMBPmike

Greetings everyone, well at this time Monmouth County does not have phase two ready for additional TM dates. I am in contact with Susan Walsh the volunteer Coordinator to see if I can create a schedule to work strictly at Hartshorne until the winter sets in. I will update once I have confirmation. A training class is slated for September 8th at 10:00am at Huber woods, any user interested in volunteering in the Trails Program Must attend this class. For more information please contact Susan Walsh
at (732)842-4000 ext 4256.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Monmouth County Parks Volunteer Days Phase 2

The following trail maintenance dates have been announced by the new MCPS volunteer coordinator Karen Livingstone. Hartshorne Woods, Sat. 11/3/07 9am-12noon (trail maint. meet @ the Rocky Point lot). Seven Presidents Park, Sat. 11/10/07 9am-12 noon (beach Clean up, meet @ the activity center). Thompson, Sat. 12/1/07 9am-12 noon (trail maint. meet @ the craft center). Huber Woods Sun. 12/8/07 12 noon-3pm (trail maint. meet @ the equestrian area meeting room). for additional information contact the Volunteer office @ 732-842-4000 ext 4283, or volunteer@monmouthcountyparks.com. Hope to see you there. Brian.

Last edited:
..about time!

The following trail maintenance dates have been announced by the new MCPS volunteer coordinator Karen Livingstone. Hartshorne Woods, Sat. 11/3/07 9am-12noon (trail maint. meet @ the Rocky Point lot). Seven Presidents Park, Sat. 11/10/07 9am-12 noon (beach Clean up, meet @ the activity center). Thompson, Sat. 12/1/07 9am-12 noon (trail maint. meet @ the craft center). Huber Woods Sun. 12/9/07 12 noon-3pm (trail maint. meet @ the equestrian area meeting room). for additional information contact the Volunteer office @ 732-842-4000 ext 4283, or volunteer@monmouthcountyparks.com. Hope to see you there. Brian.

This is great news.

Hartshorne could use a trail day every weekend but I guess one will have to do.

I can't really swing a Sat but if you ever schedule a Sunday trail day I will be there with a least 4 others.

j-

Mcps

I have been asking them to have more days, preferably Sundays, for he last 16 years. We just got a new volunteer coordinator, so hopefully things may change with the new blood. I just posted some pictures of the last trail Maint. on jorba.org.

Last edited:
correction....jorba.org

poor Brian is ALWAYS working. And he is working real hard on improving things at Mon. Co. thanks Brian

Mcps

My bad,..... I must have been suffering from the Fair Hills Jamboree, and the long methane-filled ride home. I rode to the point of total muscle failure and was nearly killed on the way back by total replacement of air with ass fumes.:puke:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions