MCPS 2009 Trail Maintenance Schedule

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Make sure to check the calendar for latest info on the New Volunteer Training Sessions, and Trail Maintenance dates.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I see this:
http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=225&day=2009-3-14&c=1

Which says this:

New Volunteer Training Session. This one time, classroom, and on trail training session, is required of all new volunteers, (prior to attending a Trail Maintenance session for the Monmouth County Park System). The first session is being held at the Longstreet Farm Program Room, 44 Longstreet Rd. Holmdel NJ. 07733. To assist with planning, registration is required. Ages 14 and up. Bring gloves, and I advise wear sturdy shoes, long sleeves, and long pants. Tools will be provided.

March 14
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Longstreet Farm Program Room, 44 Longstreet Rd. Holmdel NJ. 07733
Google Directions

Can we get 10 people from the board to go to this and then make the 2 TM sessions at Hartshorne this year? While we all agree the system sucks, it is what it is and right now it's the only way for us to get a foothold right now. A good showing does nothing but show we give a crap.

So who wants to commit to the training and 2 sessions?

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
The last time I spoke to the volunteer coordinator, (2-3 weeks ago), she said there was already 22 people confirmed. I have at least 10 more people who gave me a verbal commitment to attend. I hope we get a hundred people to attend. The more people we can get, the better they will hear us when we speak.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
If anyone has any questions, feel free to list it here, or PM me. If I can't answer you right away, I will get the answer from MCPS, and get it to you.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
do we need to touch base with any one there or will just showing up work?

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
do we need to touch base with any one there or will just showing up work?

Monmouth County Park System says "to assist with planning, registration is required" we just ask that you contact the volunteer coordinator (Karen Livingstone) at klivings@monmouthcountyparks.com or by phone, at (732)842-4000 ext. #4283, so we can plan our on-trail projects to fit the size of the group. I hope to see a lot of MTBNJ, and JORBA folk there.

southernerinnj

Is this only required for Monmouth county or is this required for all of the TM's. I want to get involved and do my part as I will begin to use the trails just don't know if I can make it to this class.

Frank

Sasquatch
Just for Monmouth Cty. You can attend any TM session elsewhere in the state without a training session (although we may not hand you a Pulaski right away either ;) )

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Just for Monmouth Cty. You can attend any TM session elsewhere in the state without a training session (although we may not hand you a Pulaski right away either ;) )
if you come to one of the allaire TM sessions Frank will give a very comprehensive safety talk before each sessions starts.
just watch for his cicle of death. :)

southernerinnj

Sounds good I plan to try and get out and help. I agree completely with safety training. I work in industrial construction and am also OSHA trained. Working with any tool is serious business. May make Allaire my first outing of TM for that reason.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Thank You.

I just want to thank all the people from the MTBNJ family (the 501 crew in particular) who have posted up here, and who have e-mailed me about attending the New Volunteer Training Session next Saturday. I hope even more of you show up to let MCPS know what we are all about.

southernerinnj

I was able to reschedule a prior comitment and have sent in my email. I'll see anyone else that attends at 9 :) Is there anything I need to bring with me?

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I was able to reschedule a prior comitment and have sent in my email. I'll see anyone else that attends at 9 :) Is there anything I need to bring with me?
Good to hear you will be attending. Just bring yourself, gloves, dress for the weather, and I usually bring a bottle of something I like, (not that,....Soda), even though the parks will have water and what not.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Monmouth County Park System says "to assist with planning, registration is required" we just ask that you contact the volunteer coordinator (Karen Livingstone) at klivings@monmouthcountyparks.com or by phone, at (732)842-4000 ext. #4283, so we can plan our on-trail projects to fit the size of the group. I hope to see a lot of MTBNJ, and JORBA folk there.

March 14
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Longstreet Farm Program Room, 44 Longstreet Rd. Holmdel NJ. 07733
Google Directions

I spoke with Karen the other day and it looks like we have a good number of people signed up for training. If your on the fence about coming please join us, with all the Jorba & MTBNJ folks going the event will be a great social gathering. This is a good time of year to get this one time training out of the way and be good to go for all future TM dates. A strong showing by us will help to ensure the future of TM at Hartshorne/Huber.
See you there!:D Saturday 3/14@Longstreet

Top Bottom