MCPS 2009 Trail Maintenance Schedule

THATmanMANNY

So this is just an indoor classroom session? Or will we be meeting there going over some things and then driving over to Harshorne to do TM and maybe a ride after? Just looking for some clarification as to what the agenda is.

Anyone up for car pool from my area?

Thanks
Manny

southernerinnj

So this is just an indoor classroom session? Or will we be meeting there going over some things and then driving over to Harshorne to do TM and maybe a ride after? Just looking for some clarification as to what the agenda is.

Anyone up for car pool from my area?

Thanks
Manny

Manny you don't seem to be that far from me if you need a ride just throw me a PM only cavet is bike would have to ride strapped down in the bed of my truck I've got no rack.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks
Manny

I believe it is indoor classroom followed up by some hands on training. I don't think we will be driving over to Hart./Huber for hands on part. I think we just go out back and learn tools/techniques.
The official TM date for Harshorne is 5/30 & 10/24. Huber has 2 dates as well, 7/11 & 11/21. There is also TM scheduled for Big Brook Park in Marlboro on 8/22, never been there but I heard there is some potential for new trails there.
I'm sure that after the training class is over there will be time to go ride Saturday.
Chris

THATmanMANNY

Manny you don't seem to be that far from me if you need a ride just throw me a PM only cavet is bike would have to ride strapped down in the bed of my truck I've got no rack.

I might be down for that but I have logistics to work out. I'll PM you if I am going and we can car pool. Thanks.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks Brian & Mike

Brian Synder & Mike Flatley, thanks for running the training session at Longstreet today!(thanks to Arden & Jerry too) You guys do a great job and are a real asset to Jorba & mountain bikers in NJ. I'm looking forward to putting training into use on the trails.:)
If any one missed the training session and would like to participate in future TM at Hartshorne/Huber fear not, there is another training on 5/16.

Glenlivet12

Brian Synder & Mike Flatley, thanks for running the training session at Longstreet today!(thanks to Arden & Jerry too) You guys do a great job and are a real asset to Jorba & mountain bikers in NJ. I'm looking forward to putting training into use on the trails.:)
If any one missed the training session and would like to participate in future TM at Hartshorne/Huber fear not, there is another training on 5/16.

Yeah guys, thanks for the great experience! My wife and I had a great time, I don't think we'll look at trails the same again!

southernerinnj

Yes major thanks to Brian and Mike also Frank's TM lessons on the trail were helpful! Had a great time. Super thanks goes out to Brian, Jim, Val, and Chris for taking me out on my 1st trail in NJ and first ride in over 3 years. Really had a great time a hartshorn and appreciate you guys patience with my slow arse! Hope to ride with you guys soon again!

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG

You beat me to it,... Thanks for posting the next new volunteer training sessions date. I think of it as giving back to the parks I learned to ride in 20 years ago. See you at the TM sessions.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Yeah guys, thanks for the great experience! My wife and I had a great time, I don't think we'll look at trails the same again!

I can understand the sentiment. I didn't think twice about the trails,... untill I had soaked a few with the sweat of my brow.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Yes major thanks to Brian and Mike also Frank's TM lessons on the trail were helpful! Had a great time. Super thanks goes out to Brian, Jim, Val, and Chris for taking me out on my 1st trail in NJ and first ride in over 3 years. Really had a great time a hartshorn and appreciate you guys patience with my slow arse! Hope to ride with you guys soon again!

You will ride with us again if I have anything to say about it,...and I do. You are very welcome, and we were more than glad to show you the goods. You should have seen Hartshorn several years ago when we were on top of the maintenance. Today the trails were good, then the trails were damn near magic. I find I can still learn a thing or three about trail maintenance, and Frank is a very good teacher. We all are very into showing new riders the ropes ( riding and doing TM). See you at the beginner rides, keep an eye out for the start up dates as they will be posted by Frank as soon as he determines what is what. See you. Brian.

Rogers

No problem. It was nice to meet you. Anytime you want to ride just let us know.

Chris

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
great training class sorry I missed the after ride.
I did not know all you guys that posted up where there it's great to see the new faces joining in on the fun and some of the work..:) hope to see all of you on the trails.
it was good to hit the trails yesterday i did not realize how much i missed it....:D
hopefully it will start ramping up now and we can all get together for some riding..
l8tr

Top Bottom