MCP Trail Maintenance

Big Al

Trail maintenance at Mercer is scheduled for this Sat, 8/17.
We meet in the Marina parking lot at 9 AM. (adjacent to the volleyball courts)

Help this guy have a clear crossing of the trail!View attachment 102365

We provide all tools and gloves.
Bring water, insect repellant and please dress appropriately for woods work.

Please reply if you can attend so we can plan work details.
Thanks!

TAS
Bump

Big Al

Van Nest has been trimmed.
IMG_20190817_092513.jpg
IMG_20190817_092517.jpg
IMG_20190817_104842.jpg
IMG_20190817_104908.jpg

TAS

Mike & Al beat me to post! Ha Ha
Todays crew: Mick, Al, Matt, Jim, & Mike
Dare I post a pic of the surprise "alternate line".......Or will you have to ride blue north and find it??????
Only the yard Gnome knows for sure!

TAS

DSCN2149.jpg

Last edited:

Big Al

TAS

Confirming Al's previous post.
Mercer TM will be this Saturday 9/28.
Gathering at the marina @ 9AM. We will be repairing the ramps of the double bridges.
Running the brush hog and trimming Blue along the lake, Grail, SOB and the Red loop.

TAS

TAS

From Mick:
Thanks to our crew yesterday helping keep Mercer in shape Mike Jim and I repaired two bridges and replaced two ramps and loose boards on the Blue trail While Chuck (Our new Brush hog mad man) and Tom cleared all of the Blue trails between the two bridges and the rowing center (Blue, Son of Blue, The holy Grail Trail, along the lake from the second bridge to the single bridge I mean all of the trails on Blue from the east picnic area to the boat house Both sides of each trail!!! I can't wait till we get Al and Chuck together on the Hog!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1522.jpg
    IMG_1522.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_1528.jpg
    IMG_1528.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 261

TAS

Trail maintenance at Mercer is scheduled for this Sat, 10/19.
We meet in the Marina parking lot at 9 AM. (adjacent to the volleyball courts)

We provide all tools and gloves.
Please bring water, insect repellant and dress appropriately for woods work.

Please reply or LIKE if you can attend so we can plan work details.
Thanks!

TAS

Mick714

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Oct 17, 2019
New #206
Group,

We will be meeting as usual at the marina on Saturday October19th @ 9am
We are hoping for a good turnout as the thorns have gotten the upper hand lately
Hopefully someone able to handle the brush hog as a few of the regulars are busy and the rest of us
are wounded
Please bring something to drink and a snack if desired We will supply tools and gloves.

Best Regards,

Mick

TAS

This Saturday's trail maintenance we focused on the Blue North trail. It was brush hogged and trimmed from the power lines to the "bouncy" single bridge near Conover Road. Some grown in sections were double width cut to reduce the maintenance interval. Beautiful weather and the Autumn berries were ripe and tasty!
Big Thank You from Mick & I to Arnav, Geoff and Ken.

TAS

Big Al

This Saturday's trail maintenance we focused on the Blue North trail. It was brush hogged and trimmed from the power lines to the "bouncy" single bridge near Conover Road. Some grown in sections were double width cut to reduce the maintenance interval. Beautiful weather and the Autumn berries were ripe and tasty!
Big Thank You from Mick & I to Arnav, Geoff and Ken.

TAS
Thanks, guys

TAS

Trail Maintenance Report; Nov 16, 2019. Mick, Al &Tom
Brush Hogged Blue north section from the yellow brick road to the Conover road bridge. Some trail sections were re aligned to avoid wet areas. Holes and low areas were filled. Brush and tree debris were removed.
In the future here will be additional realignments made to pull the trail line up out of the low spots resulting in a sustainable trail.

TAS

TAS

Dec 21st TM Report: COLD!!! Mick, Chuck, Joe & Tom. We divided forces to address two areas.
The widening mud hole on Blue Trail near the rowing center.
Re alignment of Blue trail to bring it upgrade. Section between South Post & Conover road.

A nick was cut to drain the mud hole. The logs and debris were removed and the hole was filled with sandy gravel and clay.
It will be soft until the water is pushed out so be aware when riding this section. Please step fill a rut if you leave one!

DSCN2291.JPG

The realignment work on blue was preliminary clearing and debris removal. The brush hog was used to clear paths for the future re-alignments.
The overall goal is to pull the trail line uphill and away from the existing wet, unsustainable trail surface.
The trail surfaces will be completed in sections this spring.

fDWWikPpS3yplHsgB+sYHA.jpg

Big thank you to Joe & Chuck.
Happy Holidays!

TAS

Last edited:

carvegybe

Dec 21st TM Report: COLD!!! Mick, Chuck, Joe & Tom. We divided forces to address two areas.
The widening mud hole on Blue Trail near the rowing center.
Re alignment of Blue trail to bring it upgrade. Section between South Post & Conover road.

A nick was cut to drain the mud hole. The logs and debris were removed and the hole was filled with sandy gravel and clay.
It will be soft until the water is pushed out so be aware when riding this section. Please step fill a rut if you leave one!

View attachment 113949

The realignment work on blue was preliminary clearing and debris removal. The brush hog was used to clear paths for the future re-alignments.
The overall goal is to pull the trail line uphill and away from the existing wet, unsustainable trail surface.
The trail surfaces will be completed in sections this spring.

View attachment 113950

Big thank you to Joe & Chuck.
Happy Holidays!

TAS

Saw you from distance when walking my dogs this morning. Didn't know you were the TM team until I walked past your parked cars that had the TM signs. Thank you for the awesome work and for braving the cold.

TAS

Today was the first 2021 TM session. Big Thanks to everyone who came out! The crew included Spencer, Julian and Ben Malunow, Al MacLennan, Rudy Alvarez, Mike Sullivan, Jim Wenning, Mick Tormey and myself.
We are focusing on remediating sections of Blue North adjacent to South post road to ensure sustainability.

Today we realigned a section of the trail bed and pulled it upgrade. In addition we cut nicks and laid in more rock to promote drainage near the yellow brick road. Our plan is to bring additional sections of this trail upgrade in future TM sessions.

Blue Trail Realignment4-17-21.png

TAS

TAS

TM fun (well work) this Saturday!!! Lots of trimming to do. If you ride here you already knew that!

We will be running the "Brush Hog". So we need folks to follow and trim what the machinery misses.

There are also some short sections that need a manual trim.

We will meet at the Marina near the volley ball courts on the south side of the lake at 9:00 AM
Bring something to drink.
Please attire in appropriate clothing for woods work.
We will supply the gloves and tools.

TAS

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions