MCP Paved paths

southernerinnj

This maybe a stupid question, but the paved paths in MCP are they bike and pedestrian? I only ask because in riding these paths last weekend I got a few nasty looks from walkers / joggers even though I moved to the grass whenever I came near one of them. Just want to make sure I am not breaking some park rule and just ran into rude joggers. Or maybe my neon green bike with my fat arse on it offends them.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
This maybe a stupid question, but the paved paths in MCP are they bike and pedestrian? I only ask because in riding these paths last weekend I got a few nasty looks from walkers / joggers even though I moved to the grass whenever I came near one of them. Just want to make sure I am not breaking some park rule and just ran into rude joggers. Or maybe my neon green bike with my fat arse on it offends them.

yes, that are multi-use paths. They even plow them, although the were quite a few sections of sheer ice on the section I rode this morning, should be melted by the weekend.

Ian F

It varies from park to park, but often these paved paths have "speed limits" which are often barely above a jogging pace... could be the source of your nasty looks? :confused:

southernerinnj

It varies from park to park, but often these paved paths have "speed limits" which are often barely above a jogging pace... could be the source of your nasty looks? :confused:

That is possible. I don't believe I was moving at hyper speed, because I had my trailer hooked up with a 2yr old in tow. Although this is possible. I'll try to keep more of an eye on my speed in this regards.

BiknBen

I don't know of any speed limit signs on the MCP paths. Pay no mind to the peds. You went out of your way to go around them. There could be a dozen reasons why they gave you weird looks. Maybe they wish they were having as much fun as you and your little one. ;)

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
That's just silly.
If you were pulling your daughter in a trailer,
you should have seen smiles and waves.

Chalk it up to crabby people that are sick of snow and cold, wet feet.
But don't let them stop you.

Mick714

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Mercer County paved paths are definitely multi-use

Just some grumps If you ring your bell at them they give you looks the same as if you ripped on by them. Enjoy your ride with your child in tow

Beware of the roller bladder's with iPods on that can get ugly:eek:

Mick

southernerinnj

Had a much better experience this Saturday. Me and the daughter rode up and down the paths about 5 times. People were much friendlier even though the paths were packed out. Thought I was going wear my poor bell out. Ran into just a couple "grumps". People stopped us about 5 times to ask about the trailer. All in all a great experience this go around.

olegbabich

One time a woman hiker told me I should be on the road. I replied that she should be in the kitchen. She tried to throw something at me, but I was too fast that day!!!

BiknBen

One time a woman hiker told me I should be on the road. I replied that she should be in the kitchen. She tried to throw something at me, but I was too fast that day!!!

Holly crap. I laughed so hard my co-workers wanted to know what was going on. :hysterica

kush

On Saturday I was riding on the MCP paths with my two boys, 4 and 6. On same morning, I took off the 4-yr old's training wheels and we practiced in my neighborhood before going to MCP. So naturally he's wobbly but doing well.

As we are riding along, I hear a hyper-urgent voice from behind, "passing on the left". I nod my head.

Then the voice says in an even more urgent almost hysterical tone - "keep your kid on the right". I should say the 4yo did well enough not to crash into people on his first day!

I look over and it's some fat white dude riding an expensive roadbike like he's in the TdF, really trying to hammer

The paths are packed. People with strollers, dogs, children, rollerbladers, nudists, etc.

My response to that was "if you comes close to my kid you will be hurting." He heard me and went off the path about 5 yards to go around us. Moron. Why would anyone pretend like they're seriously riding on a packed path?

Wobbegong

My response to that was "if you comes close to my kid you will be hurting." He heard me and went off the path about 5 yards to go around us. Moron. Why would anyone pretend like they're seriously riding on a packed path?

You were real nice about it, my response would have been more agressive. What a tool this guy was/is.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions