McCauley Mtn / Old Forge NY

pygmypony

hey all!

i’m heading up to drop daughter #2 for her last year at syracuse next week

then heading to lake placid to meet wife and son for his drop off at paul smith’s college for year #1

exciting times for sure!

anyhoo…i have one night/day to my self in between and came across this place by just searching trail forks

McCauley Mountain Ski Area on Trailforks

wondering if anyone’s ever been and has some insight?

thanks in advance!

joe c

xc62701

I was up there years ago. Probably when they first started creating this trail network. I can remember the few trails that were there were pretty fun. Go give it a shot! Great ice cream - Pied Piper - right in town by the first lake if it’s still there. Slickers tavern was always good too.

pygmypony

I was up there years ago. Probably when they first started creating this trail network. I can remember the few trails that were there were pretty fun. Go give it a shot! Great ice cream - Pied Piper - right in town by the first lake if it’s still there. Slickers tavern was always good too.
thanks for the tips! will report back on the riding and the FOOD!

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
There are trails right on campus at 'Cuse called "Skyptop Quarry" and they're on Trailforks: https://www.trailforks.com/region/skytop-quarry-20431/
I rode there a couple times visiting my now wife, then GF, in the mid-2000s. No idea what it's like now, but it was a maze back then with random jumps, drops and woodwork sprinkled about. Probably worth checking out when you go visit the kid, if not this time.

pygmypony

There are trails right on campus at 'Cuse called "Skyptop Quarry" and they're on Trailforks: https://www.trailforks.com/region/skytop-quarry-20431/
I rode there a couple times visiting my now wife, then GF, in the mid-2000s. No idea what it's like now, but it was a maze back then with random jumps, drops and woodwork sprinkled about. Probably worth checking out when you go visit the kid, if not this time.
i saw this place - it's listed as unsanctioned/private...but yeah, probably worth checking out! thanks!

Top Bottom