MB, Google Earth, Custom Maps & GPS Data

Shaggz

A strong 7
Please post your GPS data, etc. in here, along with a brief description of the route (mileage, pace, skill level, etc). Posts that do not stay on topic will be deleted at the discretion of the Mods :getsome:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is about everything Chimney Rock has to offer, in both directions:
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6989512

This includes the new trail, both ways. It also includes the Rock, as in THE rock. Or whatever.

This is a solid ride but it's broken up quite well for anyone who wants to follow it. It starts in Newman's Lane, then cuts across red, and brings you through orange, then into the yellow trails. It hits every trail up there, including the new one. It also gives you the overlook. Most of the yellow stuff you'll get both ways with this loop.

Then it takes you back to the lot, through red. That's roughly halfway. You can grab another bottle or quit. It jumps back in and hits the red trails, so that you've just about done all of them both ways. Then back to the lot, then across the road to blue, where you then do all of them both ways with a small exception.

At that point, you're about 17.5 miles in, and back at the lot. That's 17.5 miles of solid trail, all that CR has to offer. The last 4 miles are the white trails and then behind the ballfield which isn't what I would call the best the park has to offer. Nice enough, but I just tacked it on at the end to make this loop complete.

I left out the trail along the river, on the orange side. Just wasn't in the mood to drop down there today. There are some connectors on the red side that are left out, maybe a few hundred yards worth. In the blue, I don't do much along the stream. Other than that this is about everything. You also get both ways to access the ballfield area - behind the house or through the fence at the top of the hill. This also does not cross the stream from the ballfield trails over to the yellow/orange.

Enjoy!

loggerhead

Been awhile since somebody posted on here. I can't seem to open up anything on this motionbased site. I'm used to riding trails similar to what ringwood has to offer. Just curious how CR compares and if it's worth venturing a little south to check out. Heard mixed reviews of this place.
Thanks!

cuda

Been awhile since somebody posted on here. I can't seem to open up anything on this motionbased site. I'm used to riding trails similar to what ringwood has to offer. Just curious how CR compares and if it's worth venturing a little south to check out. Heard mixed reviews of this place.
Thanks!

Not really a technical place like Ringwood. It's more of a bumpy trail with tons of smaller rocks and shorter climbs but still a fun place to ride and might be worth the trip to hit something different.

I know I mentioned it when we were out at Ringwood, but if it's technical trails you're after, the Sourlands will not disappoint.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Just so there is something to open with elevation....

Blue trail, both directions, some of white, high perimeter of red (using the "road") - there are a few spurs, either wrong direction, or trail terminated/overgrown.

slow and steady

will try to get the yellow and orange next week.

looks like the wiki has most of this info

Last edited:

Bora

Been first time to CM- wow, nice place, why I didn't take Norm's map?..
If the weather permits will hit it the next weekend.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions