Maybe a New South Jersey Bike Club

fiftyfixe

I came across this on Yahoo the other day has any one else seen it?

"An opportunity has come to my attention; A bike club is folding up, and I have an in to take over the non profit status. But I wont do this alone. So before time runs out on this opportunity; this may be just what the south Jersey mountain bikers are looking for. If we can put the past behind us, and move forward with this, it could be a good thing.---Jim 609-280-0111 Call now."

NJ Jess

hummm

Call Jim and say "What?" Are you asking to join a mtb club in south jersey for rides? What trails they riding?

fiftyfixe

He is looking to make MARS a legitimate club. Right now he is putting out feelers to see if there is any interest. I'm sure the focus would continue to be riding in South Jersey.

fiftyfixe

Million Acre Riding Society, right now it is just a Yahoo Group. It's dedicated to riding the millions of acres of pine lands in South Jersey. We ride lots of stuff that's off the beaten path. Mostly in the state parks and forests. Last night they did a 38 mile night ride from Carranza.

NikkyE

Million Acre Riding Society, right now it is just a Yahoo Group. It's dedicated to riding the millions of acres of pine lands in South Jersey. We ride lots of stuff that's off the beaten path. Mostly in the state parks and forests. Last night they did a 38 mile night ride from Carranza.

Oh Ok cool!

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
I didnt really want to say this...but Nj already has a great MTB club that is comprised of a diverse group of riders from all over the state, including south jerz: JORBA. We need a unified voice on two wheels, and in our state that voice is alreay talking.

join.jorba.org

:D

theranch

I didnt really want to say this...but Nj already has a great MTB club that is comprised of a diverse group of riders from all over the state, including south jerz: JORBA. We need a unified voice on two wheels, and in our state that voice is alreay talking.

join.jorba.org

:D

Seems like JORBA is mostly a North Jersey thing. Look at the events calendar and it's all Central and North Jersey. Maybe there should be a South Jersey JORBA..? SJORBA!

MikeP

JORBA has been helpful in dealing w the mess at Ceres, although rebuilding all the bridges is still pending. But yes JORBA and this board (no offense) is more geared for Trenton and above.

SJMTBRick

Seems like JORBA is mostly a North Jersey thing. Look at the events calendar and it's all Central and North Jersey. Maybe there should be a South Jersey JORBA..? SJORBA!

North Jersey is more densely populated, it is only perception that JORBA is focused there. I know for fact that it is statewide and SJ is not excluded, the discussions are more along the lines of getting more SJ involvement. The Saturday November 26 Jersey Devil Night Ride at Wharton State Forest is part of the JORBA 2011 Ride Series.
Let's ride at WSF so we can discuss in greater detail.

theranch

North Jersey is more densely populated, it is only perception that JORBA is focused there. I know for fact that it is statewide and SJ is not excluded, the discussions are more along the lines of getting more SJ involvement. The Saturday November 26 Jersey Devil Night Ride at Wharton State Forest is part of the JORBA 2011 Ride Series.
Let's ride at WSF so we can discuss in greater detail.

I totally understand. More people getting involved down here in SJ will help spread things out as far as what JORBA does/is involved with. I know Ken who organized events at Estell Manor is out to sea a lot so he's not around to be physically involved but I'm trying to step up and do more for mtb'rs down here.
I would like more trails to ride that are kept up and have adopted the Seaview Estates trails. I met with the county a month or so ago and started that relationship. I'm trying to see where to focus my energy and if JORBA is THE NJ group then I'll keep in touch with them.
I'm only about 20min from WSF so I'm up for discussing further.

SJMTBRick

I'm only about 20min from WSF so I'm up for discussing further.

There is an A-Team of committed SJ folk that do TM at WSF with Kurt being the most committed :hysterica As of right now I plan on riding WSF next Sunday about 8, let's ride!!!

Frank

Sasquatch
JORBA has been helpful in dealing w the mess at Ceres, although rebuilding all the bridges is still pending. But yes JORBA and this board (no offense) is more geared for Trenton and above.

We are quite aware of the perception that JORBA is a North-centric organization, but that's not completely accurate. We are currently active in two southern parks, have been working with Rob Hess at Ceres, and we are also in the planning stages of assisting at yet another southern park. We know we need to increase riding opportunities in South Jersey....and we're working on it.

whtbread

We are quite aware of the perception that JORBA is a North-centric organization, but that's not completely accurate. We are currently active in two southern parks, have been working with Rob Hess at Ceres, and we are also in the planning stages of assisting at yet another southern park. We know we need to increase riding opportunities in South Jersey....and we're working on it.

I'm always willing to give a hand

MikeP

The Ceres TM day was great and I'm glad JORBA was asked to get involved. As far a getting things organized and going thru the process I'm sure it was a huge help. Its not suprising that things are geared more northern as are most things in the state, it's not a huge deal to me. Like I said, just glad you guys are helping with Ceres.

Top Bottom