May 2nd, sunrise...

thegock

There is a god.
CARD IO#1 MVIMG_20200323_125139-01.jpg

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
anyone riding tomorrow morning? any trail maps? Would like to try out wharton. thanks

Wharton “might” be the only place rideable after all this rain. BUT parts of the trail WILL be under water. I’m thinking of that area on orange near the washed out, um...missing, bridge. This includes the Bypass fire road section that has the series of massive depressions that act like catch basins.

Karate Monkey

anyone riding tomorrow morning? any trail maps? Would like to try out wharton. thanks
Wharton “might” be the only place rideable after all this rain. BUT parts of the trail WILL be under water. I’m thinking of that area on orange near the washed out, um...missing, bridge. This includes the Bypass fire road section that has the series of massive depressions that act like catch basins.

@pibbles ?

Davesnhere

I'll be Fat Biking the double-track avoiding the wet trails....hopefully the single track will dry out quickly!

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
All the usual tadpole ponds will be full. The trails should be dry by Saturday afternoon. If you find yourself riding in a wet sand slurry, please take @Davesnhere advice and ride the double track. You'll likely encounter blowdowns and brush. And ticks. Spray up, the ticks are out.

maps

fwiw: Half of the bridge was burned downed to the ground in the big fire. It was not “washed away”.

Last edited:

pibbles

I cant really speak of trail conditions as I haven't been out and I'm taking this virus thing seriously so it'll be some time before I think its safe to be out clearing trail..

JonF

Sounds like you pineys need to behave. They had to airlift 2 of you out of the woods after sifting yourselves through the trees. :oops:

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Sounds like you pineys need to behave. They had to airlift 2 of you out of the woods after sifting yourselves through the trees. :oops:
As directed by WSF staff, this piney has been staying home and riding his backyard trails.

I read on another forum that the SPP and the Troopers had to search and rescue some folks. Do you know if they were the MTBers? Either way, I'm guessing they were shoobies, not pineys. Pineys call a friend to get them out.

JonF

As directed by WSF staff, this piney has been staying home and riding his backyard trails.

I read on another forum that the SPP and the Troopers had to search and rescue some folks. Do you know if they were the MTBers? Either way, I'm guessing they were shoobies, not pineys. Pineys call a friend to get them out.
Enduro riders. I don't think I could ever muster enough speed on an MTB in that sugar sand to actually produce a crash.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions