May 20, HighBridge NYC XC race

Maurice

Thanks for coming out to the race, guys. Doing that and the festival the day before was a serious undertaking, but somehow it all came together into a great weekend of mountain biking in NYC. The beginners got the worst of the race course- by the end of the day the trails had dried out a bit, and the winner, ultra-endurance racer Harlan Price, turned in a first lap time of 12 minutes!

Congrats to Rlaureano who placed 2nd in his beginner class
NJ Jess won her class
Maurice placed 5th in a VERY competitive pro/semi class behind Price, Verge-sponsored pro Christian Favatta, former U23 Cyclocross US Champ Troy Wells, and past H2H series champ Ed Ceccolini.

Big thanks also to Jess for picking up those Highbridge commemorative t-shirts from our printer down in New Jersey on her way up to the festival on Saturday.

Ours is a fairly unique race venue- thanks to all who came out sight-unseen to give it a shot!

Jamie,

you and your crew can be proud of yourselves. Great job!

Maurice

xc62701

Thanks for coming out to the race, guys. Doing that and the festival the day before was a serious undertaking, but somehow it all came together into a great weekend of mountain biking in NYC. The beginners got the worst of the race course- by the end of the day the trails had dried out a bit, and the winner, ultra-endurance racer Harlan Price, turned in a first lap time of 12 minutes!

Congrats to Rlaureano who placed 2nd in his beginner class
NJ Jess won her class
Maurice placed 5th in a VERY competitive pro/semi class behind Price, Verge-sponsored pro Christian Favatta, former U23 Cyclocross US Champ Troy Wells, and past H2H series champ Ed Ceccolini.

Big thanks also to Jess for picking up those Highbridge commemorative t-shirts from our printer down in New Jersey on her way up to the festival on Saturday.

Ours is a fairly unique race venue- thanks to all who came out sight-unseen to give it a shot!

Thanks for putting on the event! It was a pretty good time despite all the muck out there I just kept thinking get over the climb and run the nasty stuff and book through the rest. And again...and again...and again...lol. It was a great day. Especially since I got first as well :)

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Thanks, guys. Glad you enjoyed it. Weather made stuff even tougher than it should have been- that rough ryder trail is sweet when it's dry, and fun on both my hardtail 29er and my freeride bike!

Prelim results are up on NYCMTB.com now, along with links to photos from various sources...

Top Bottom