Maxxis Crossmark UST?

pjrohr

Currently riding Panaracer FireXC Pro UST and want to switch...reviews look good on the Crossmark UST. Any advice, alternatives or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

lawndart

Shop: Campmor
Shop Keep
Ive got them on my Mavic CrossMax XLs. Im a heavy guy(220) and found that as a front tire they slide out too quick. As a rear tire depending on what type of terrain you're riding if you hammer on the pedals and quickly accelerate they tend to spin out. Then again it is a racing tire....very little rolling resistance.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
one of the guys on the winning 4-man team at this years 24 hrs of allamuchy was running crossmarks front and rear. he had no more problems than everyone else, and posted a 1:09 on his first lap. smaller guy though.

pjrohr

Thanks for the responses...after talking to my lbs, given my symptoms, sounds like I need to hone technique before I swap tires

P

pdm362

Thanks for the responses...after talking to my lbs, given my symptoms, sounds like I need to hone technique before I swap tires

sounds like a good idea before you start spending you money... I owned both tires on two different bikes. I really like the way the crossmarks feel. they do tend to wash out a little on corners but ever since changing my technique (center of gravity vs bike lean) I am not washing out as much.

lawndart

Shop: Campmor
Shop Keep
pssst......

Im swapping out tires for 2.35 Ignitors when my new frame gets built up. Ill sell ya my pair for $30. Tread wear is excellent, id say less than 50 miles on em.....never had any punctures.

ArmyOfNone

looks like you have found a deal. I have one sitting in my truck now but im not sure where or when ill use it. I have a IRC Mythos (i think) up front and a hutchinson python that i rode today for the first time. The mythos i rode the tubed version for a while and liked it. The python for the first time out seemed to roll well and hang on to everything.

J

JDG1317

one of the guys on the winning 4-man team at this years 24 hrs of allamuchy was running crossmarks front and rear. he had no more problems than everyone else, and posted a 1:09 on his first lap. smaller guy though.

I haven't had any problems with the crossmarks. They are a very predictable tire considering how fast they roll. I personally would rather have a tire that will predictably drift a little early than suddenly give out after you have committed to a turn at speed. There is nothing wrong with a Dukes of Hazard style slide. Oh, and I'm not that small (J/K);) .

Top Bottom