Maurice River Bluffs Trail Conditions

kjarrett

Pretty much ideal conditions today, other than the pine flies (just don't stop, I guess!) One fairly large evergreen is down in the Chill Loop. Trails were just wet enough to keep the dust to a minimum (even with all the rain recently). Very well kept and extremely well marked, among the best I've ever ridden. I'll be back in the fall/winter after the @#)$(*^)@$&^ bugs are gone and the humidity is, too.

Attachments

• IMG_3469.jpg
    IMG_3469.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_3470.jpg
    IMG_3470.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 180

robcleary

Went for a good ride yesterday. A little mud in lower spots, but not like "trail has become a swamp" bad. Just little spots. Some steeper hills are starting to get a little washout from rain and use, so just be wary when you plow into a climb (or down a hill). Still totally ridable. The trail crew has cleared out most trees and branches from the most recent tropical storm, so it's all pretty clear with the occasional hanging branch or whatnot. And whoever has been adding berms and ttf's, you're doing the lords work. They're fantastic!

There is a section of Buck Hill as you're coming down the roller coaster section (if you follow the pink flag/paint side) that has a rather sketchy sand section near the end of the trail. Be careful, it looks like it was built up into a berm but there's no solid material in it. So if you try to hit it, your front wheel will just ride through it. I accidentally tried to yam into it like a berm yesterday and had to toss my bike when the tire went straight through lol. I went back and tried it again, just take it a little slower and take the inside line in the sand and you'll be fine.

robcleary

Where is this located? How many miles of trails?

According to Trailforks it's about 5 miles total. Definitely have to double up if you're trying to get a longer ride. There are some alternative routes in the loop so you can change it up pretty easily. It's located in Millville, NJ.

robcleary

I didn't find it too bad this past summer in terms of bugs. Usually some dragonflies on "Just Getting Started" but otherwise not horrible. Although the closer you get to the river the worse it's likely to be

robcleary

Kind of pointless to update (since it's going to rain for the next 4 days) but the trails were perfect today. Still a few mud spots in lower corners but overall the trails were great. Also props to the trail crew, they look great after a long winter 🤙

Kind of pointless to update (since it's going to rain for the next 4 days) but the trails were perfect today. Still a few mud spots in lower corners but overall the trails were great. Also props to the trail crew, they look great after a long winter 🤙
Thanks for the update. Hopefully it holds off.

robcleary

Maurice still good as usual. Very rarely is this place too muddy, there's a good amount of sand in the soil down here. Some trail maintenance and work has clearly been done and there seems to be an effort to cut down on spur trails and alternate routes. There's also been additional trail signage put in as well. Based on rumor it's likely the land manager's doing, as they're encouraging bikers and hikers to stay on their designated paths (which fwiw is rare in South Jersey so I appreciate it!)

teabagger11

Some new routes and some shoring up of some turns some whoop di dos
I'm down in SJ all weekend if you want to meet up and ride some where
Belleplain might be ok

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions