Maui

THATmanMANNY

Yes. I can't comment on cycling there tho, but if you have any questions about what to do, where to eat, etc shout a holler.

Kapalua is quite far from the tourist stuff and you will be surround by green (golf courses & farmlands). It will definitely be nice and quiet and very suitable for road riding but there is basically only a few roads. To throw in a full loop you will have to go around the mountains. Lahaina is a great town to visit. Eat here, that will get you extra brownie points assuming if you are going with lady. Otherwise, please don't go to hawaii with dudes :D

Last edited:

scalpel6

Yes. I can't comment on cycling there tho, but if you have any questions about what to do, where to eat, etc shout a holler.

Kapalua is quite far from the tourist stuff and you will be surround by green (golf courses & farmlands). It will definitely be nice and quiet and very suitable for road riding but there is basically only a few roads. To throw in a full loop you will have to go around the mountains. Lahaina is a great town to visit. Eat here, that will get you extra brownie points assuming if you are going with lady. Otherwise, please don't go to hawaii with dudes :D

Yes, Mrs Scalpel6 will be joining me. I am going to make a reservation today. Thanks!

Space Heater

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Has anyone ever been to Maui? Any advice?
I rented a road bike for the week so I plan on doing some riding.
We are staying in Kapalua in West Maui.

Treat yourself and your wife and go to Mama's Fishhouse in Paia. A little pricey but worth it. Make reservations now. They are always busy. I have rode down Haliakala a few times with my wife and friends. Always wanted to take or rent a road bike and ride up though. Stay away from the road to Hana. Total tourist trap. Traffic is crazy. If you have never done it do the Old Lahania Luau. Pretty cool and fun, all you can drink Mai-Ties!

HumanVise

Has anyone ever been to Maui? Any advice?
I rented a road bike for the week so I plan on doing some riding.
We are staying in Kapalua in West Maui.

Treat yourself and your wife and go to Mama's Fishhouse in Paia. A little pricey but worth it. Make reservations now. They are always busy. I have rode down Haliakala a few times with my wife and friends. Always wanted to take or rent a road bike and ride up though. Stay away from the road to Hana. Total tourist trap. Traffic is crazy. If you have never done it do the Old Lahania Luau. Pretty cool and fun, all you can drink Mai-Ties!

mmmm Mama's Fishhouse! Order Molokai sweet potatoes whether they come with your meal or not. I never did any MTB on Maui, just the ride down Haleakala. If you can swing it take a day trip to Molokai, you can rent serious MTB's at Molokai ranch and there are tons of trails/maps avaialble.....no tourists either.

Top Bottom