Matinence + some new building.

ellbiddy

Hey guys,

I've been riding these trails pretty hard for a while now and figure it's time to give something back. There's a couple things I've really been dying to do....

The first is to fix all the banks for all the turns that are in and around the blue trail and other chunks of the trails they're dismal shape. I was thinking of putting up some logs behind them to help stop them from eroding away. The other big thing I've been aching to do is to build a set of slightly larger jumps, but after walking through a majority of these trails I can't really figure a good spot for them besides the paths that run outside the woods, but I'm afraid that we're not allowed to build there? Me and a buddy are heading out Friday to fix up some of the trails as well as the parts of the trails that got raped by people riding in the rain (all around the stream cross by the old broken down house) and then start planning out where we could build some new stuff.

The place where the blue trails crosses a bare patch (a big yellow 79 sign + post is there) was also a good candidate but that place looks like it's run by the power/gas company so I don't want to 1) interfere and 2) get all the work we put in mowed down and cause trouble for the people who've been doing things the legit way. So if anyone's got some info let me know, I'm down there a lot, if you ever see an 07 beige CRV come say hi :D

I'm more than eager to meet some of the other people riding here during one of the maintenance days that's sure to come up.

-Leo

Frank

Sasquatch
Please contact jdog of wobbegong on this site before you do any trail maintenance on your own. These 2 guys are the JORBA chapter heads for 6 mile and have spent a lot of time building a relationship with the land managers at this park. All your questions can be answered through them.
thanks,
Frank

ellbiddy

Will do, one of the main reasons I posted here instead of trying to do anything on my one. Don't want to step on any toes, I know a lot of time has been put into these trails.

-Leo

Frank

Sasquatch
cool beans man....the Jasons ( jdog and wobbegong)are great guys and I'm sure they will see this and contact you. Have fun.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Our next trail day is on April 20th. (Sunday).

I am looking for ideas for re-routes, trail repairs and general trail upkeep..

Any thoughts?? I will gladly do some scouting w/ anyone with the energy to go check some stuff out.

warcricket

Like a Jerk

Any thoughts?? I will gladly do some scouting w/ anyone with the energy to go check some stuff out.

i'm assuming that you or the other j built that new skinny on the 27.... its sexy.
btw, what happened to the teeter?

ellbiddy

I'd be more than willing to go. I think the area by that cement sewer bridge (the one with the pallets) could use a little work when it dries up, but I'm not sure what could be done as that spot always gets flooded. It'd be awesome if you could lay down some rock there instead of leaving it dirt with the wood covering the real iffy spots, it'd be a huge effort but well worth it I think.

One of the smaller bridges on the blue trail has the last board broken too, and the one before the last is looking to go too. 2 minute fix, just didn't have a hammer with me when I was riding heh.

I'm not sure what the status is on those paths that lay out of the woods, but some of them are wide and straight enough to get some fun little jumps thrown in.

All I could think of off the top of my head, I'll probably hike through Friday during the day and I could tag along whenever you're free and have the inkling to go ;p

ellbiddy

its not a sewer bridge, its just a bridge
just saying
hah, not what I meant, the pipe that passes through it reminds me of a sewer pipe so I called it that. It's a stream, obviously not a sewer. Silly habit poking its way through on forums ;p. Sorry about that.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
hah, not what I meant, the pipe that passes through it reminds me of a sewer pipe so I called it that. It's a stream, obviously not a sewer. Silly habit poking its way through on forums ;p. Sorry about that.

no worries, i was just hoping that you didn't spot any feces sailing down the river

Wobbegong

Meet up with us on the 20th and we'll get you working.

Glad to see your interest in helping out, but like Frank said, dont jeopardize our relationship with the park by going out there and doing stuff without approval. JORBA has put a lot of effort into building a relationship with the park staff.

Keep the enthusiasm, I love hearing it, but work with us.

Hope to see you on the 20th.

ellbiddy

Meet up with us on the 20th and we'll get you working.

Glad to see your interest in helping out, but like Frank said, dont jeopardize our relationship with the park by going out there and doing stuff without approval. JORBA has put a lot of effort into building a relationship with the park staff.

Keep the enthusiasm, I love hearing it, but work with us.

Hope to see you on the 20th.

You got it, I'll see you guys on the 20th, hopefully even sooner riding around!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions