Masters 40+ at 8am

SpartaBard

So what do people think? I am very tempted by the 8am start but will I be racing against anyone?

I like the B race where I race against a bunch of peeps and I know most of them.

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I just asked to move my reg'd NJBA races from B to 40+, so I'll be there for you to ride over. I like the early start. I can heckle for the rest of the day. :)

Too bad the schedule had to be changed AFTER the registrations were opened. Not sure what the thinking was on that'n.

SpartaBard

It also opens up the opportunity to race both... Especially if I have to drive 3+ hours to Independence Cross

SpartaBard

Interestingly, Caffeinated has switched the 40+ Open to 8am while Independence has the 40+ 4/5 race at 8am and the 40+ Open at 11am with the Bs at 10am.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I totally get switching start times up to keep it fair for everyone. I know some will like the 8am but I'm not one of them. I really enjoy cross but not enough to get up at 4am or earlier week after week. I spoke to some other old guys today that normally race this class and they said the same. If I do any of the NJ Cup it will be in the B's.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
So what do people think? I am very tempted by the 8am start but will I be racing against anyone?
I'm not a fan.

The 40+ was 8AM a couple of years ago, then it rolled through 9AM and 10AM, so I assumed 11AM was the natural progression. :mad:

dhsean

So are my 40+ peeps doing it or should we all race B's? I really wanted to do 40+ to race with those guys but not worth it if they all do B's. What is everybody feeling. I know I'm not 100% at 8.

SpartaBard

I have always said that I will do whatever is earlier but the thought of going down to crazy south jersey for an 8am race means I would have to get up at like 4am if not earlier. I just don't know. As of now I am registered for the Bs.

8am at the Augusta Fairgrounds though :getsome:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I like the early start. Yes Bard, lots of fast old guys race 40+. No idea how many of these I'll do though.

Those races in the Deep South aren't terribly interesting no matter what the start time is.

dhsean

Not all of us live up north either. Westwood for the NJcup? Really? And the deep south might as well be West Virginia. I'm just pissed to probably be racing B's again instead of 40+.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
seems like whatever you do, you cannot make men over 40 who wear tights and ride around on grass happy :p

If I do any of the NJ Cup it will be in the B's.

giphy.gif

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What's the difference between 40+ pack fodder or B pack fodder?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is this like one of them knock knock jokes? What's the answer?

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
B pack fodder got 3 more hours of sleep

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I'm not a fan of getting up early. I can probably do it a couple times, but for the whole series it just isn't gonna happen. It's actually a blessing because I'm fairly terrible at cross anyways so this just means I can be terrible less times.

Will do HorseShoe because I can get up 7:45 and still make it, Westwood, and Marty's for sure. I'm also curious about Town's race at Wayway so I may get up and do that as well.

Or, do we just sleep in and do the A's? If you're gonna be fodder, might as well do it with the best of 'em? And being lapped makes it feel like you're racing with the fast guys.

-Jim.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There won't be a Horseshoe at Horseshoe this year. They turned the park into a place where old people go to walk. We're not welcome anymore.

Top Bottom