Massachussets riding

idbrian

Crotch Rot
Has anyone here rode Leominster and/or Lynn Woods in MA? I was just wondering how they compared to the local places. I am heading out to these places this week and want to be well prepared.

clutch

Has anyone here rode Leominster and/or Lynn Woods in MA? I was just wondering how they compared to the local places. I am heading out to these places this week and want to be well prepared.

The north side of lynn woods has a lot of fun rock formations that are kind of like the tough stuff north of the upper skyline drive parking lot. I'd also compare the north side to the beaver brook trail at Mahlon. As for the south side I'd compare it to Lewis Morris, but then again I didn't ride it much :getsome:

Make sure you check out the ballfield trail/ ridge run & sharks tooth

Here's a site with a map and some pics:
http://www.dieselbikes.com/trails/lyw/lyw_res.htm
the pics are under completed trail projects.

Never been to Leominster, but I've heard good things. You may want to check out Vietnam. There are some technical trails there as well, and part of it is owned by the mountain bike community.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is Lynn Woods the one with the huge rocks and you park right off route 1 (yes the same route 1)? Or is it the one by the reservoir?

I recommend it either way, in addition to Vietnam. Perpare to enjoy yourself. It's been a long time so I can't be any more specific but I remember it was a good time.

clutch

Is Lynn Woods the one with the huge rocks and you park right off route 1 (yes the same route 1)? Or is it the one by the reservoir?

[...]

You can park at the restaurant on route 1, though I have no idea if it's still the same restaurant or if they still tolerate bikers parking there. I used to always park at the Ballfield parking lot.
The three ponds at Lynn woods are active reservoirs for the town of Lynn. You may be thinking of The Middlesex fells in Medford/Malden which is also by a reservoir. BTW, the Walden Pond at Lynn woods is not the one thoreu camped at. That one is in Concord, MA.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok, Lynn Woods is the one we parked behind the [trendy eatery of the time] during the day and rode up past the water tower into the huge rock area. That was much, much fun.

Middlesex Fells - that's it, I was also there once for a short ride. I don't remember that being terribly challenging.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Not sure if you're stopping anywhere in between, but mount holyoke (bachelor st entrance) outside northhampton was great riding. lots of tech, lots of singletrack, loved it. kinda like ringwood. guy named red showed me around. this is all probably useless.

don

Check out www.bustedspoke.com - most of the users are based right around the Boston area. I've seen a bunch of good pics of Lynn Woods and 'Nam. Maybe contact the Sinister Bikes guys - I think their headquartered on the North Shore.

Top Bottom