Massachusetts

roc

I need to be right outside Boston in a couple of weeks. I can leave Sat am, I need to be in Boston for Sunday night. Any suggestion? Berkshires any good? I like ringwood/mooch/Stephen’s. I’ll be with a buddy, so technical trails are fine.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Seconding Vietnam or Lynn, some of the best NE tech. There’s other good spots but a little further from Boston proper.

FYI some parks already have mandatory orange blaze requirements for hunting season.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
While there’s lots of riding around Boston, I highly recommend you hit two Connecticut parks on the way up/down:
Farrington Woods on the CT/NY border just west of Danbury, and Crandall Park just east of East Hartford. Both are easy off/easy on I84 (literally a stones throw). Tons of amazing twisty trails and easy to navigate if you follow TrailForks. I can PM you my Strava tracks if you like.

Farrington Woods
8B257955-5C01-4E7C-BF47-A3410D87D08B.png

Crandall Park (I’ve ridden the larger, lower network of trails, but the smaller upper section supposedly has some nice trail features too).
75BDD8AC-D604-4AD8-B7F1-4E6DF4643AFA.jpeg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just keep in mind that as of 2 weeks ago there were a lot of leaves on the trails in CT/MA. It’ll be pretty thick a week from now so tightly packed trails will be harder to follow. Again - ask me how I know.

I’d ride Rockland in CT on Saturday then Vietnam on Sunday.

roc

Just keep in mind that as of 2 weeks ago there were a lot of leaves on the trails in CT/MA. It’ll be pretty thick a week from now so tightly packed trails will be harder to follow. Again - ask me how I know.

I’d ride Rockland in CT on Saturday then Vietnam on Sunday.
im guessing these places are easy to get lost in, I don’t need that. I believe you.
While there’s lots of riding around Boston, I highly recommend you hit two Connecticut parks on the way up/down:
Farrington Woods on the CT/NY border just west of Danbury, and Crandall Park just east of East Hartford. Both are easy off/easy on I84 (literally a stones throw). Tons of amazing twisty trails and easy to navigate if you follow TrailForks. I can PM you my Strava tracks if you like.

Farrington Woods
View attachment 195966

Crandall Park (I’ve ridden the larger, lower network of trails, but the smaller upper section supposedly has some nice trail features too).
View attachment 195967
I like the idea of easy to navigate. please send me your track. I have a few weeks to figure out how to use it!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
im guessing these places are easy to get lost in, I don’t need that. I believe you.

Rockland is easy to follow. Here:

Farrington was beyond frustrating 2 weeks ago. I actually did not like trying to ride there at all. So many trails crossing over old paths and leaves made it so hard that I quit & went home.

Vietnam is hard to say. I have my loop there but it's also a place I've gone a dozen times in the last 2 years. This is my HoF loop:

You don't need to start where that does. It's just across the street from my hotel I stay at when there.

NJsinglespeedtrek

Farrington Woods
View attachment 195966

View attachment 195967
what about massasoit state park, Freetown forest and Swansea. worked in providence for like a year and hit those spots...

Top Bottom