MASS 2011 Schedule

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks. Good job by them putting the Mother's Day weekend race on the Saturday, not Sunday.

No Cascade Classic this year?

Possible regional conflicts FYI:

* Danville TdT & SSaP
* Granogue & Wawayanda (this one stinks IMO)
* LMC & Neshaminy
* KVSP & Fair Hill Classic (stinks, part 2)
* Bear Creek and possibly Blue Mtn

xc62701

Thanks. Good job by them putting the Mother's Day weekend race on the Saturday, not Sunday.

No Cascade Classic this year?

Possible regional conflicts FYI:

* Danville TdT & SSaP
* Granogue & Wawayanda (this one stinks IMO)
* LMC & Neshaminy
* KVSP & Fair Hill Classic (stinks, part 2)
* Bear Creek and possibly Blue Mtn

We're working on clearing up the stinks part 2...

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am thinking of doing Michaux- Mash, looks like a good way to kick off the mtb racing season with an endurance race. How is this event, worth the drive?

Its 3.5 hrs away for me but I am used to waking up early and getting out the door.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I believe Kush and Van dbt River did it in 2009. It was bagged in 2010 due to late snows. But several people had planned to go back.

thedoner

I am thinking of doing Michaux- Mash, looks like a good way to kick off the mtb racing season with an endurance race. How is this event, worth the drive?

Its 3.5 hrs away for me but I am used to waking up early and getting out the door.

The Michaux races are some of the best and most difficult anywhere. Miles of amazing rocky technical singletrack, connected by fire roads. Sort of like Ringwood on a much grander scale. Well worth the trip.

steve336

I made the trip down last year .They postponed the race until April. Im about 90% sure im going again this year. I like to think of it as a training race. The terrian is much like ringwood and wawayanda, just more climbing :drooling:.

The long pine classic is the day after same place , if you want to make a weekend out of it.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
I made the trip down last year .They postponed the race until April. Im about 90% sure im going again this year. I like to think of it as a training race. The terrian is much like ringwood and wawayanda, just more climbing :drooling:.

The long pine classic is the day after same place , if you want to make a weekend out of it.

Last I heard, Long Pine is cancelled. There were problems with the venue. The Mash is still on, though.

Michaux is an epic race -- anyone of the Michaux races are. The courses all define east coast riding -- rocky, super technical, and lots of climbing. They're total love/hate experiences. You love them until your 20 miles in to a 30 mile race and your body is beaten to sh*t. Then you love them again when you cross the finish line!

(Update: Looks like the LPC is on, but it's not a MASS point race because there's been a cap of 200 riders placed on it. If you want to go, you should probably register right away -- it will fill up if it hasn't already.)

Last edited:

case

Mornin' a psa regarding the long pine classic & the mash... I emailed Zach about for a description of the new venue and i'll post it as soon as I get it.

Kevin

-------------------------------------------------

Hey Everyone,

I�m sorry to inform you all that our forestry permit was cancelled on Tuesday
afternoon. I�ve made the decision to cancel the Long Pine Classic Event until
further notice. The good news is that I was able to turn up an alternate venue
for the MASH on such short notice. The race will continue at the new venue with
all previous plans remaining intact. It also continues as the opening endurance
race of the Mid Atlantic Super Series.

The new location is in Carlisle Pennsylvania at the New Frontiers YMCA Day Camp.
Directions can be found here*, as well as on the updated websites.

Registration remains open for the MASH at bikereg.com.

If you no longer wish to attend the race, I fully understand. I stand by the
fact that it will be a great day on the bike, but I do understand and will issue
refunds in the upcoming week and a half. However, after March 20th, I will not
be doing refunds. (I�ll be busy putting on a quality event)

If you have any comments, questions, or would like a refund please email me
directly at fastforwardracingproductions@gmail.com.

Thank you all for your understanding. I apologize if this creates any
inconvenience for plans you have already made. I don�t think anyone is more
upset over this than I am at the moment, so I feel your pain.

--
Happier Trails,
Zachary Adams

|Fast Forward Racing Productions|
|Backyard Bikes|
|IroncrossRace.com|

214 High Street
Shippensburg, PA 17257
fastforwardracingproductions@gmail.com

"I will prepare, and someday my time will come." -Abraham Lincoln

* Link to directions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-xlLQIkjS9-0FgCkFCfe5GvzMOxO6QIE5wZH7YpYbhs/edit?hl=en

case

Zachary just got back to me and described the new course as tight & twisty with flow similar to Marysville... I've never been to Marysville (or Michaux for that matter and I was really looking forward to going/racing). Has anyone raced and is that a good description of Marysville?

Thanks!

kush

This is closer than Michaux a bit, but it blows because its not Michaux. I suspect as an alternate it's not comparable. Looks like its relatively flat, unless they have us ride straight up that 1600 foot ridge wall a few miles away. I think I'm out. Michaux was cool, this is unknown for 3 hr drive.

thedoner

Marysville is fast and pretty smooth, with lots of short punchy climbs...pretty much the antithesis of Michaux.

BShow

Zachary just got back to me and described the new course as tight & twisty with flow similar to Marysville... I've never been to Marysville (or Michaux for that matter and I was really looking forward to going/racing). Has anyone raced and is that a good description of Marysville?

Thanks!

The "flow" is similar to marysville, which is a fun place to race for sure. From what you're saying, it sounds to me that the race is still in Michaux (just another venue in the huge forest) and definitely not at Marysville.

Also, "Flow" is very much open to interpretation. Zach lives out near Michaux and is a legitimate mountain biker... I would think that if he can't have it on good trails, he wouldnt compromise the integrity of his event.

Last edited:

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Marysville is fast and pretty smooth, with lots of short punchy climbs...pretty much the antithesis of Michaux.

Great description. I love racing at both venues, but the Marysville venue is very cool and so unique. Anyone do the festival weekend last year? Hottest freaking race day I've ever been a part of. I was good for the first five hours and then I had to sit down in between each lap for about ten minutes for the rest of the day and just suck down as much fluid as I could because I had stopped sweating. I had been drinking about two bottles per lap and it still wasn't enough. I remember gettig home that night, falling on the couch and not being able to move until after midnight. Come to think of it, I had a string of bad luck around that time -- a few weeks later I had to drop out of Fairhill (an absolute low point in my riding life -- until that day I had never DNF'ed for any reason not related to an unrideable bike.) I was trying to stay ahead of the heat that day and I overdid it and my stomach went bad. I remember seeing a picture of myself during the race afterward -- my stomach was distended and it looked like I had this massive belly. That was the sickest I ever felt on a bike. I finished the 27 mile lap and when I came through the finish area, I started to get really dizzy and then my stomach just turned inside out. Not a good time! :drooling:

At any rate, I am out for the Mash this year either way :(:(:( because of a prior engagement (stupid close family friends and their stupid stupid weddings ... how selfish can they be?)

BShow

The Mash is not in Michaux. The Mash is not in Marysville. Its in Carlisle at a day camp or something like that. From what I heard (from a mass director - so he probably heard from Zach) the trails there "feel" like Marysville. The course will be flatter and faster than the Michaux course, that's for sure. It sounds like its a good venue for an endurance race.

Top Bottom