Marty's Reliable Cycle - Randolph, NJ

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I've been to their Morristown store in the past for a Magura bleed kit. Not enough to judge their shop by but everyone was very nice.

I went to their new Randolph store on Route 10 just to check things out and maybe pick up a new helmet. The store is pristine and there's definitely enough help to go around. I was surprised at the few bikes on display. I guess they need to get a little bit of everything out on display.

I wasn't wild about the helmets they had out on display but they do keep additional products in the back. I went with a Giro Xen Special Edition '05 and although they were more expensive then online retailers it wasn't by much.

I was interested in a new Jersey as well but didn't find anything that I liked. Limited selection on display here as well.

The camelbacks were a little expensive for me. Not that they were overprices or anything. They were about on par with other stores but I can get an older style on line for a significant savings.

Overall, I'd give the shop a 5 out of 5. They cater to all kinds of riders and their employees are kind and well informed. Selection is a bit lacking but I don't know they stock in the back.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Jason said:
I was surprised at the few bikes on display. I guess they need to get a little bit of everything out on display.

Been back there a bunch of times since. (Thule rack, XT rear derailleur, GU, socks, Dirt Rag, tubes for the 9spd) I don’t know if I was just on crack my first time there or if they updated their selection but they had a great selection on display.

I was bummed that they didn't have an xtr derailleur in stock so I had to go with an xt. Not bad in any way but if I have to replace a part, I prefer to upgrade.

C

Conster

Just got back home from there....they changed my tire for me for FREE, so I have to give them a +++++. Helpful employees and great service. I would definitely recommend them! :D

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
these guys are my LBS and have done me right a lot of times. i have to admit with some of the mechanics departing i'm a little weary of bringing my bike there. thankfully there are a few other options so we'll see. the most likely will be that i take the park class this winter and do as much as possible myself.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
bonefishjake said:
these guys are my LBS and have done me right a lot of times. i have to admit with some of the mechanics departing i'm a little weary of bringing my bike there. thankfully there are a few other options so we'll see. the most likely will be that i take the park class this winter and do as much as possible myself.

well, with everyone leaving and cycle works going above and beyond for me, i've switched shops. they have a ton of stuff and the service is fine, but just as personal as it used to be. if you still want to use marty's go to the hackettstown location and talk to TC.

Top Bottom