Marty Cross 2014

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK
The course is set and ready to ride!

Updates from the Marty's guys include some leaf blowing and even possibly a lawn mow!?

Hope to see some familiar and new faces this weekend!

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Heading over shortly to check it out. I'll post up my thoughts. :rolleyes:

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Course is similar to last year will some improvements.

-barriers are down the hill a bit on a nice flat section. The way the course runs on Sat should work out perfectly. You just need to pay attention as they come quickly after a slight turn. You remount and then climb.
-the killer climb now has a switchback in it. This does give a brief moment of relief but the turn and the top still hurt like hell. Also the turn is tight and could be an issue if damp or trafficie.
- upper start area is super wide which will be nice for the start and a possible place to pass during.

It was crazy windy there today and the tape was broken all over the place. They were trying to fix it but other sections were just ripping. Vic and crew will be there at 6 am to fix it. I just hope it's not that windy tomorrow as I almost got blown over a few times and the course it hard enough.
The guy started to cut the grass and seemed to get annoyed with the tape/wind so he quit. The grass does feel a bit slow in spots but that could also just be my legs.

I think that's it. Good course overall, especially if you like to climb.

mandi

So I just noticed that this is the first race I'll be doing where the Woman's A race doesn't have an equal payout to the Men's A. $130 vs $300 is really sad.

Really unimpressed with that. Sorry guys

Last edited:

Superfly100guy

So I just noticed that this is the first race I'll be doing where the Woman's A race doesn't have an equal payout to the Men's A. $130 vs $300 is really sad.

Really unimpressed with that. Sorry guys

Mandi you are right and we are fixing that as I type this. $300 and 5 deep for Women A. We will announce this new payout at race time. Good luck tomorrow.

mandi

Mandi you are right and we are fixing that as I type this. $300 and 5 deep for Women A. We will announce this new payout at race time. Good luck tomorrow.

I, and the women racers everywhere, appreciate this. Thanks for making the change. Seeing promoters all over start to realize we deserve equal payouts is overwhelmingly awesome.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Mandi is just in it for the $$$$!!!!!

;)

veloduffer

I was there for a short bit and took some pics:

p101901166-5.jpg

p506201909-5.jpg

p673102817-5.jpg

p155143718-5.jpg

p323763644-5.jpg