MARS 2020

sandman

Happy New Year to all. 2020 rides will be; Wharton 40, The Riding of the Green,25+ miles, End of Summer (Greenwood),30 miles, GFBD. 30 miles, I am thinking of the 100K, 63 miles, and a new one, Burn at the Byrne.

Happy New Year to all. 2020 rides will be; Wharton 40, The Riding of the Green,25+ miles, End of Summer (Greenwood),30 miles, GFBD. 30 miles, I am thinking of the 100K, 63 miles, and a new one, Burn at the Byrne.

Is there any more info about these such as dates, locations, sign up protocol...thank you.

W40-2-1,
Is there any more info about these such as dates, locations, sign up protocol...thank you.
No dates yet, but, The riding of the Green: March (around Saint Patrick's Day), Greenwood. End of Summer: August, last Saturday, Greenwood. GFBD, First Saturday of December. Could be any place in the pines. 100K: first Saturday of summer. Burn at the Byrne: Nothing on this yet, it will be at Brendan T. Byrne.
You should be aware that, other then the Wharton 40, all routes are sandy, multi use, not clean, and can change during the ride, for any reason like, flooding, tree down, or leader forgot where he is. Sand is the hardest to do if you are on a 2.2, 35 psi tire. Fat bikes rule the sand. The Wharton 40, use's the Batsto trails that are well maintained. 10 to 15 miles are on ungroomed trails. This is the longest running ride we do. No one had a fat bike, and the Batsto trails were not completed. The thought was, winter would be the best time because, frozen trails would be best for our 2.2, 35 psi tires.
As far as sign up protocol, ALL are welcome, BUT, it would be nice to do a ride or two before an event, just so you know what you are in for.
We have a few groups: One and done, Two and threw, Three and out, And then the rest of us, Four and more.

Next up; The Riding of the Green. March 21,2020. 9am start from Bullock. Coyote, fox season will be done on the 14th., leaving the forest for us. The sand gets kicked up leaving it soft. Fat bikes will do better then the 2.2s will do.

Been working on the Burn the Byrne, A few ridges we can take advantage of. Looking at the first Saturday of May. Don't know how many miles yet, but we will make a day of it.

In order to appreciate a ridge and all it has to offer, one must start at the bottom. 20190516_212411.JPG20190516_212344.JPG20190516_212327.JPG20190516_211257.JPG Did the first 19 miles. We will do the rest next week. Then! Its off to Greenwood.

The Riding of the Green, maybe delayed a week, because of rain. Still to early.
Finished the Burn the Byrne today. Looks like it will be a 30 mile ride. May 2 is the target date. Some downed trees, but not enough to change the route. The Wednesday night ride is at B.T. Byrne, so I can cut out the logs during our rides. 20190521_022712.JPG20190521_023217.JPG20200314_122625[3805].jpg

The riding of the green is behind us. Next up, Burn The Byrne, 30 miles of sand, ridge climbs, all on the first Saturday of May. Meet at the camp ground rest room lot. 9am.

OK! Lets try this again. Burn at the Byrne. 30 miles of single track, fire cuts, roads, and sand. Meet at the campground lot, 9am, Oct.24, 2020. This is an eat as we go, self sufficient, group ride. For those who still need multi gears, a spare hanger maybe a wise thing to keep in your tool kit. Trails can get rough.

The 9th. GFBD will be December 5. I liked last years route, so I will do it again this year. Brendan T Byrne office at 9am.

Back
Top Bottom