March 2nd Trail Day!

Can you attend the March 2nd trail Day?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i saw the beginnings of the trail today. it looks nice but i'll miss that balance beam thing alot :(
oh and are the pink ribbons on the trees the outline for the trail? they seem to fit the pic

Last edited:
J, are you cleared to be mechanized in the park?? I have a DR mower that eats stickers and brush alive.It's an old model thats like only 20" wide

I would love to use it but I am not allowed (yet). We have done all the heavy cutting already but thanks for the super offer!

J-

i saw the beginnings of the trail today. it looks nice but i'll miss that balance beam thing alot :(
oh and are the pink ribbons on the trees the outline for the trail? they seem to fit the pic

The ribbons mark roughly where the new rout will be.

That balancing log is coming along for the ride.

J_

jdog53205 said:
I would love to get a hold of that hole digger and posts sooner. Maybe I can grab them from you at Allaire on Sunday??

J-
J, we are riding Allaire @9:30 tomorrow. I have 2 boxes of deckmate 8x3" screws, the post hole digger, and some wood. I also have all kinds of nails, bolts and stuff if you need.

J, are you cleared to be mechanized in the park?? I have a DR mower that eats stickers and brush alive.It's an old model thats like only 20" wide

We used to have something like this on the farm. It was basically a huge blade stuck on a huge engine, with 2 wheels and bar to push. Thing destroyed everything in sight.

J, we are riding Allaire @9:30 tomorrow. I have 2 boxes of deckmate 8x3" screws, the post hole digger, and some wood. I also have all kinds of nails, bolts and stuff if you need.

Ride has moved to 11 AM. It is not manditory but most will be SS. See you for the ride @ Allaire.

Last edited:

I will be there around the time you guys are. Look for my Green Tundra with the "Ride a Fucking Bike" Sticker. Just leave the stuff in the bed. It should be cool there.

I will return what i don't use if you like.

Thanks a ton.

J_

We used to have something like this on the farm. It was basically a huge blade stuck on a huge engine, with 2 wheels and bar to push. Thing destroyed everything in sight.

The classic Gravely mankiller perhaps.............

Trail Maintenance

I'll see what I can round up and I'll let you know. Does anyone have a pickup? Any materials that I may be able to gather will be coming from about 5 miles away.
Dan

Right now I need a few more 4x4s and 2X 6's.

Any left overs will be used for my next projects on the 27 side.

j

I went out today to GPS the new trail to see how it will add mileage to the front section. I headed out on foot from the canal road lot and it Started to snow like mad.

DSCN1996.jpg

I love snow, so I didn't mind it at all. The wind was a bit scary, I kept a close eye on the trees above me. It snowed for about 20 minutes and then it stopped instantly. I cought this image just after it stopped snowing.

DSCN2000.jpg

Then the sun actually came out,

DSCN2005.jpg

The new section is going to be fantastic! the blue on the map below is what the new route should look like. You can see where I drew in a section that goes up to the existing trail and cuts back down, its not exact, but you get the idea. The park service wanted us to keep a section of the existing trail and the field markers don't reflect that yet. When I walked it today, I went straight from marker to marker.

The existing trail section is .2 miles long. The route I walked today was .71 miles long. Considering the extra section to include the piece of existing trail, plus a bit of twist we'll build into the trail, it should come out to about .9 miles long, maybe longer. Five times the distance, Nice!

The new section we cut in November is colored green.

SixMileHike.jpg

The boardwalk will be both biker and hiker friendly.

I have been looking at these pics for ideas:

familyman1.jpg

familyman4.jpg

log_drop.jpg

spring20board28129.jpg

curved_bridge.jpg

bslide09.jpg

boardwalk.jpg

The rainbow and the log drop are not practial for this spot but if I am on the look out for a tree shaped in an arch.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions