March 2nd Trail Day!

Can you attend the March 2nd trail Day?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wobbegong

I'll be there, and I'm going to bring ALL my shoes and glasses. I may even bring my welding mask in case I'm needed in the baby delivery.......:)

Glancing Aft

I'll be there!
and while some might call me a tool, I live in a small appartment so don't have many tools to bring.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
We rough cut a new section today that has some (don't laugh) elevation change and log rolls.

This work along with the proposed cut on March 2nd will really improve the west side.

There is a really wet section that needs a boadwalk for sure.

Any lumber that is donated will be well used. We can also use some screws.
I have been using the Deck Mate 8 x 3" screws and they are the perfect length.

http://www.deckmatescrews.com/

I also could use a post hole digger. (to borrow and return).

J-

warcricket

Like a Jerk
i'd did some routine dumpster diving on the way home from school to day and found tons of lumber.
i've got like 5 planks:
1 1/2 x 5.5
1 1/2 x 7.5
1 1/2 x 9.5
1 1/2 x 10.5
and a really long 2x4
how about that?

jdog

Shop Keep
4 x4's are in greater need at this point but thanks!

Ken just offered up the motherload of 2 x6's

J

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I am helping out at a trail crew training session with MCPS Sat. but Sunday is open so.... I will be there with tools. (Frank, subliminal guilt works too.) I can get ahold of some 4x4's (pressure treated), some other assorted bits of wood, and I think I have a post hole digger you can have. Ride and shrimp fajitas after? :drooling:

jdog

Shop Keep
last time we worked till 2 and we were pretty shot.

This is a bigger cut so who know what will happen after.

We rough cut a good amount today of what i had planned for the april trail day.. I couldn't wait.

I would love to get a hold of that hole digger and posts sooner. Maybe I can grab them from you at Allaire on Sunday??

J-

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I should be able to make it at least til 1:00. I have a flat head, rake and an axe with a dove-tail end, not sure if these tools are helpful though. While these are all I used to build dirt jumps a few years back, I don't have the fancy-smancy tool you guys use....

jdog

Shop Keep
I should be able to make it at least til 1:00. I have a flat head, rake and an axe with a dove-tail end, not sure if these tools are helpful though. While these are all I used to build dirt jumps a few years back, I don't have the fancy-smancy tool you guys use....

We were out again today.. Lots of new stuff going in.

j

BiknBen

We were out again today.. Lots of new stuff going in.
j

I've got some random lumber. 8' long lengths of 2x3 and maybe a 2x4 or two. It is not pressure treated thought. Any interest?

Where/when do I bring it?

jdog

Shop Keep
I love it when a plan comes together..

Here is a rough idea of the plans for the next month or so:

sixmilefeb2008.jpg

J-Dro

Wow, thats going to make the canal side actually fun!!
icon14.gif
J, whats the approximate distance of the new planned trail vs. the old straight trail?

jdog

Shop Keep
longer..

Wow, thats going to make the canal side actually fun!!
icon14.gif
J, whats the approximate distance of the new planned trail vs. the old straight trail?

Hey Jeff,

It should more than double the section the it will replace. I am not sure about the mileage but the section we cut over the last 2 days was slow cutting. We chopped through pricked bushed that we over head high. We finished the rough cut section yesterday.

We are taking out the very wet gully at the very beginning which I think is a good thing too.

There will be a record number of log pile rides in this section. We have been asked by the park to build some featured in this section.

Most of this has been marked and some of it has been cut already.

This the biggest re-route we have done in a while. It is bigger than the re-route just west of middlebush on the blue trail.

Feel free to go and scope it all out and give me some feedback.

j-

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
J, are you cleared to be mechanized in the park?? I have a DR mower that eats stickers and brush alive.It's an old model thats like only 20" wide

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions