Map My ride

Para5-0

I did try to search this with no luck and I am sorry if it has been answered already. Does anybody use Map My Ride, who knows it pretty well. All I want to do is continue a route on the same map so at the conclussion of many rides I will have one whole map of one park. I cant seem to continue with a route. Also, I cant combine routes. So if I do two routes in one park, I cant make it one route.
Further, if all I want to do is follow a route that I already rode, i cant figure out how to start it so I can just follow the route with that little blue dot.
I imagine I am asking to much for a 1.99 app.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,

I can't really help with map my ride but if your looking for trail maps theres a great directory on the site here w/ gps maps as well as park maps at www.jorba.org.

If your trying to make maps for fun I'm sure there is someone here who can answer your questions.

I'm not help. I never had good luck using that site. There always seemed to be an issue adjusting routes..the site would freeze..whatever. Sorry. Told you i'd be no help :)

Are you looking to continue a ride (adding on to it with GPS) or combine multiple GPS tracks into a single file?

Not sure if you can do the first with a simple GPS app (I am not familiar with map my ride). You can merge multiple tracks with topo fusion pro.

As an aside I recently tried ridewithgps.com for planning a road route and it's much more usable than mapmyride. It's simple, skips the bells and whistles but it's still effective.

Thank you. I appreciate the help. I have already printed every map and gps link here and they were very helpful to say the least. I used them for Allamuchy North which if you have riden there you know it is a maze up top.

It would be great to have an easy app to map a ride and just continue mapping the same park every time you ride. Once complete you can just use it as a park gps. Wishful thinking I guess.

Thanks Again,

Funny that you mentioned map myride and north. Today I was talking to some people that were coming out as I was heading into mooch at tranquility. One of them was using MMR and she said that it worked really well despite the fact that she keeps it in her pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny that you mentioned map myride and north. Today I was talking to some people that were coming out as I was heading into mooch at tranquility. One of them was using MMR and she said that it worked really well despite the fact that she keeps it in her pack.

That was us. lol....

Awesome! The advice was real helpful - I explored more than I originally expected although I did not find my way off ditch towards the end of the ride.

Pretty sure Rich said the maze of unmarked trails on the map was red. I saw a few trails branch off in the area where I would have expected. However, nothing obvious jumped out at me and I didn't want to risk getting totally turned around.

Back
Top Bottom