Manitou Minute 29r

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Does anyone have or know of a shop that has one of these? I need to just see it live for 5 minutes before i order one...........

hardtale70

Shop Keep
Ok so i just regained conciousness..........they are swank-o-riffic! As far as your needs w/ the thru model I'd just get one if i were you. I am just not quite cool w/ the chrome crown on the 100 QR and was wondering bout my options, but those 120s are sweet.They are all coil right??

walter

Fourth Party
Speedgoats website has the 2008 Minute 29er fork, 100mm, listed as coil spring. However, I cant seem to find an Answer or a Manitou website so I dont know how accurate the info is.

Last edited:

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
hmm...this may be perfect for my 29er project. i like the through axle.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Everybody has projects going on, whats the deal?

All the cool kids are doing it. Plus it's more reasonable for us poor folk. Didn't you have a Dad Cruiser Project?

It's funny you have a "project" yet i haven't seen your smiling face in the store yet.I'm here til 6 come hang out and be worthless............

If you're really nice he'll even open up the store for you on the days when they're closed and hang out. I can vouch for that. He even wrenches for free!

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What's your project?

Everybody has projects going on, whats the deal?

bullet proof, go anywhere, hardtail 29er. likely 2x9. some of the front runners are salsa, king, shimano XT and van dessel.

It's funny you have a "project" yet i haven't seen your smiling face in the store yet.I'm here til 6 come hang out and be worthless............

i have no funds for said project yet....

Shaggz

A strong 7
i know someone on the "other" site who just picked up a salsa. lemme know and i will put you in touch with him :D

walter

Fourth Party
bullet proof, go anywhere, hardtail 29er. likely 2x9. some of the front runners are salsa, king, shimano XT and van dessel.

i have no funds for said project yet....

Jake, I was having the same thoughts, although, gasp, it was going to be a 26er. The 08 Santa Cruz Chameleon now comes with vertical dropouts and an EBB, eliminating the horizontals that I hated when I owned it. I said I would never buy another, but these new improvements got me thinking.

Ok, so are the Minute 29ers coil or what?

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
It's not a purely coil fork. I believe it's an air spring with some sort of coil preload. Pic of the guts:

Minute.jpg

hardtale70

Shop Keep
That looks like its good enough to solve the issues i have w/ full air.............

walter

Fourth Party
I had a minute on one of my previous bikes, I really liked it. The 26er Minute 1 with the rapid travel wind down, no complaints at all with it

hardtale70

Shop Keep
My hand me down POS Black 120 w/ my custom rockslayer hop up(that Fred is currently holding for ransom) was the greatest fork i ever had the pleasure to own........................................

ArmyOfNone

My hand me down POS Black 120 w/ my custom rockslayer hop up(that Fred is currently holding for ransom) was the greatest fork i ever had the pleasure to own........................................

mwhaha...its is mine! (well unless you want it back) :D

Top Bottom