Mandatory Bike Class to Get Drivers License in Australia

alex_k

that it is huge liberal achievement, the next thing will be mandatory living in a shelter before getting a home purchase permit

qclabrat

we are going backwards, the state requires my kid to take a 5-6 hr course at a driving school, which of course was selected by the government, to get her permit
its a few hundred dollars I really didn't want to spend

My dad taught me to drive, I drive well and it was also something I've cherished

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
we are going backwards, the state requires my kid to take a 5-6 hr course at a driving school, which of course was selected by the government, to get her permit
its a few hundred dollars I really didn't want to spend

My dad taught me to drive, I drive well and it was also something I've cherished
I believe you have to take 5-6 hrs behind the wheel if you want to drive before 17, i dont think this is neccesary if you wait until 17 to drive.

I think there is a law against one Asian teaching another Asian to drive:)

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@qclabrat things may have changed (i am old afterall) but i waited until 17 to get my permit. i didn't need to take any driving lessons except for what my dad taught me.

and i like the idea of requiring new drivers to know about biking and bike laws and stuff...

notcho

Trying to remember if there were any bike related questions on the drivers test. Was almost 20 years ago for me. Also don't remember driving school instructor giving any words of wisdom. Education and having multiple perspectives is key, this might be a bit extreme but I like the concept. +1 on retaking drivers test every few years. Keep it fresh.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Trying to remember if there were any bike related questions on the drivers test. Was almost 20 years ago for me.
How many feet will it take to stop after doing 60mph with a bike and cyclist under your wheel?

Karate Monkey

Trying to remember if there were any bike related questions on the drivers test. Was almost 20 years ago for me. Also don't remember driving school instructor giving any words of wisdom. Education and having multiple perspectives is key, this might be a bit extreme but I like the concept. +1 on retaking drivers test every few years. Keep it fresh.
How many feet will it take to stop after doing 60mph with a bike and cyclist under your wheel?

If you see one of those fruits in a foam hat, nobody will give a shit if you throw trash at them, force them off the road, etc...

Top Bottom