Making one of those pole bottle holder things?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I realized the last few races, stopping to pick up my bottle off the ground isn't helping me at all, so I want to make one of those bottle-holder things on a pole I see some guys have...Is it really just coffee cans screwed to a piece of wood or is it a little more thought out than that?

-Jim.

BiknBen

I never heard of such a thing. Sounds interesting but may be overkill. I've seen guys set up a small folding table with their bottles. They could just grab them as they went by.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
you should think about employing a trained monkey to hang from a tree. i think that would work far better and be much less overkill than that coffee can contraption. :D

Steve Vai

I tried a trained monkey at Waywayanda, but Fred could only stay for one lap;)

-Jim.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i'm sure you could figure something out. the key would be a broad, weighted base to keep it from tipping over.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Why not make a life sized weeble wobble and tape a bottle to it's head?

weeble.jpg

Steve Vai

It would be too tempting to stop and make it weeble...I could just get a blow-up doll and tie it to a tree, I think they have 3 holes in them, that's enough;) But then there would be the temptation to stop again:D

-Jim.

ArmyOfNone

I tried a trained monkey at Waywayanda, but Fred could only stay for one lap;)

-Jim.

O man that is funny as hell. I have nothing to say :D

I believe that the guy hammered it into the ground and had three coffee cans on each side. Not sure hammering a piece of wood into the ground in the middle of august will fly. :hmmm:

dhsean

Screw the water bottles.

I like the downhill method better. Friends waiting at the finish with a cooler and open beers. DH season in full effect, woohooo!, fitness in a downward spiral, boohooo.

Maybe a weeble wobble blowup doll would ad to the festivities.

It would be too tempting to stop and make it weeble...I could just get a blow-up doll and tie it to a tree, I think they have 3 holes in them, that's enough;) But then there would be the temptation to stop again:D

-Jim.

Wow, this thread is taking a serious turn for the worse.

BiknBen

jimvreeland said:
...I could just get a blow-up doll and tie it to a tree.

That is a freakin hilarious idea. I could dress her up in a mtbNJ race kit.

I may have to stop at the toy store soon. :rofl:

Fred, we may have another passenger in our car-pool this weekend!

N

Neen

I don't even know Walter and I think I'm scared of him! Jim, seriously, ask your wife to help you out!!

Top Bottom