Mahlon Weekend Ride?

J

joanqs

Anyone up for a ride here either Saturday mid-morning or Sunday early? Does anyone have a suggestion as to which trail(s) to ride here?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaggz

A strong 7
i can't reccomend a route there, but, mahlon dickerson is a fun place to ride, especially if you can convince ytc100 or stan le cupp to lead the way. i have been doing some afterwork rides there recently, parked at saffins pond, and crossed the road. i've been exploring some of the trails in hopes of replicating some of the past rides that were lead by others.

S

Stan LeCupp

I could lead a Mahlon ride Tomorrow if it's not raining.I'd like to start around 8:00am though before it gets too hot.Let me know if anyone is interested.

J

joanqs

Tomorrow at 8:00 sounds good. Where do I park? The directions found on this site lead me to Weldon Road, either by the lake or ball field?

S

Stan LeCupp

Great! I'll meet you in the Saffin pond parking lots off weldon rd at 8:00am.

Directions: Just take RT 15 north to Weldon rd exit.Bear right on Weldon road.1-2 miles parking lot on right.

See you there. I'm in a white toyota with a black bike on trunk rack.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
hey alex, how long are you going to ride? if you're going at 8:00, i may be able to tag along.

i haven't ridden here yet, so i'd love to go..

S

Stan LeCupp

Hey jake

You should try to make it. I was planning on about around 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hr ride.There's a couple of chance's to bail while still getting a good ride in if you run out of time.

S

Stan LeCupp

Steve-Trails were in good shape today .Was a fun ride.

MCAWVA the ride was today (Sat).Too bad you missed it.Maybe catch you next time.

Joan-Good riding with you. Glad we got out early, not too hot.:)

J

joanqs

Alex- good riding with you too. I had a lot of fun and actually, I went to look at bikes a bit, in the afternoon..hehe.. Watch out I may get a new one and become super speedy demon fast.

I hope to ride there again SOON, great place -great tour..

S

Stan LeCupp

Good luck bike shopping.Look out for some discounts on 06's soon.Might get a nice deal on one.:)

Top Bottom