Mahlon vs Tourne

Stocky

My buddies and I have been enjoying the heck out of Mahlon every Sunday ( and then some) for 2 months now.
One of the guys suggested we try The Tourne tommorro morning.

Can you guys give me an idea what the Tourne is like compared to Mahlon.

We want to make up our minds before morning.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
My buddies and I have been enjoying the heck out of Mahlon every Sunday ( and then some) for 2 months now.
One of the guys suggested we try The Tourne tommorro morning.

Can you guys give me an idea what the Tourne is like compared to Mahlon.

We want to make up our minds before morning.

never been to either, but go to the tourne. variety is the spice of life

Gregg

I haven't ridden the Tourne in many years but have log 100's of miles there as well as Mahlon. The Tourne is much more compact than Mahlon with quite a bit more foot traffic(hikers and local dog walkers). There are many houses that back up to the Tourne causing the high volume of foot traffic. As far as terrain there is a lot of single and double track at the Tourne but not the extended climbing that Mahlon offers. Mahlon also offers a lot more mileage than the Tourne. I'd save the Tourne for a weekday evening when foot traffic is lower and get a ride in then stop in Boonton or Denville for some dinner. Either way you're riding in the woods and thats all good.

Stocky

I haven't ridden the Tourne in many years but have log 100's of miles there as well as Mahlon. The Tourne is much more compact than Mahlon with quite a bit more foot traffic(hikers and local dog walkers). There are many houses that back up to the Tourne causing the high volume of foot traffic. As far as terrain there is a lot of single and double track at the Tourne but not the extended climbing that Mahlon offers. Mahlon also offers a lot more mileage than the Tourne. I'd save the Tourne for a weekday evening when foot traffic is lower and get a ride in then stop in Boonton or Denville for some dinner. Either way you're riding in the woods and thats all good.

Gregg, Would you say the Tourne has the same type of technical rock trails like Mahlon ? We love that kind of stuff.
What time can you get into the Tourne ? We are early risers, so I doubt it will be congested.
It's a county park, might not open until 9am. I'll have to take a look.

Shaggz

A strong 7
I like the Tourne because it is so compact, and for me, t makes a great after work ride. It either feels like you are going up or dow, and it has it's fair share of rocks, and roots. Try something new, it is no Mahlon, but it will make for a nice change of pace.

Top Bottom