Mahlon TM photos.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
today was great at the mahlon wall reroute. we got a total of 32 man hours in and got a good amount of the upper portion nearly completed. thanks every one for coming out. we had 7 people out, and everyone worked pretty well. i think we have maybe one more day of work before the upper and middle sections will be open and ridable, then probably two or three more days on the lower section.

Tim Fogerson
Brett Estes
Ross Nee(MCPC)
Tom Carr(MTP/MCPC)
Duncan Douglas(MTP/MCPC)
Steve Marencik
Myself

not bad for a last minute notice.

tim, with tom in the background
2371946202_a58dc0e515_b.jpg

steve
2371945936_005306053b_b.jpg

brett
2371108639_bf7bff9665_b.jpg

brett, tim, ross and duncan
2371952242_e8080b6c7d_b.jpg

duncan working on a pretty neat feature. it's a rock roller, about 3ft high, with some stone steps next to it. try to ride up it, if you fail, walk up the steps. or don't try at all and hit the steps. same with going down. there was no option for an 'easy' line here, even though the roller will be super easy(going down anyway).
2371131643_1201884f9a_b.jpg

anrothar

entirely thrilled
the results

here's a few shots of the work we got done(taken in progress)

this is the section above the roller, before any work was done.
2371108969_e0ebe8560a_b.jpg

coming down toward the roller
2371108305_be7907e078_b.jpg

choke at the top of the roller/stairs. we positioned the choke to try to discourage people from riding down the stairs, as that would be bad. all five of the rocks were moved into position from out of the frame.
2371968424_54a73991e9_b.jpg

a nice twisty bit of trail developing
2371111801_e608b408e4_b.jpg

a little more
2371110125_6881236b83_b.jpg

thanks again to everyone for coming out!

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Heh, heh, at least you got one picture of me actually workin'. The sinister grin and three days of beard growth (1st picture) explains why people run away from me screaming when I encounter them in the woods.

It was good to meet & chat a bit with you guys (finally).

The ol' back is giving me a little hell, but it'll be fine. It won't stop me from the next TM day. The wall reroute is gonna' be pretty freakin' cool when it is done.

And thanks to you Sean for the role you're playing in this project. Dunno' what we (or the Morris County folks) are gonna' do w/o ya'.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
GOOD GOD I"M FAT!! I knew I was gaining a little but why did anyone have the decency to tell me what a fat slob I've become??!!

Shaggz

A strong 7
forgerson, good to meet you, but your avatar doesn't do you justice :rofl:. it was great to get out there today. back is ok, blister ain't to bad and the exertion didn't seem to set my health back. we have a new friend in Russ, so i think MD will be A-OK w/o sean. anyway, brett doesn't have much faith in his plan, so we'll see what plays out :hmmm:

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
GOOD GOD I"M FAT!! I knew I was gaining a little but why did anyone have the decency to tell me what a fat slob I've become??!!

Next time let's be sure we get a picture of me and Brett standing next to each other so he can better deal with his self image issues...

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Did u just call me ugly and bald you old Fogey??:getsome:

No, I think I just called me myself fat you young (oops! I mean not-as-young-as-I-thought) whipper-snapper.

Now look in a mirror and repeat after me: "I am somebody; I am pretty; people like me"....

anrothar

entirely thrilled
No, I think I just called me myself fat you young (oops! I mean not-as-young-as-I-thought) whipper-snapper.

Now look in a mirror and repeat after me: "I am somebody; I am pretty; people like me"....

but then he would be lieing. brett's not a lier.

walter

Fourth Party
Great job you guys, I will raise a semi-warm Bud light in honor of your hard work.

Glad to see Shaggz on the trails, now he is good until mid summer:D

Again, great work!!!

SpartaBard

Looks like great work guys. Sorry I could not make it out there, really... today was a fun filled day with the in-laws :eek:

Any ideas on when the next session will occur?

Shaggz

A strong 7
he didn't make the cut :D.

looks like we logged 32 hours on saturday. not as impressive as the 130 plus at Allaire, but still a good turn out for 2 days notice. we will be posting another session soon, so keep your eyes open :cool:.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good stuff guys. Nice pictures too, much be an expert taking them. I'm glad Steve left his bib at home.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
he didn't make the cut :D.

looks like we logged 32 hours on saturday. not as impressive as the 130 plus at Allaire, but still a good turn out for 2 days notice. we will be posting another session soon, so keep your eyes open :cool:.

Shaggz/Sean,
Any news on the next session?
Tim

Last edited:

NJ Jess

Nice

Nice work girls. Oh I mean guys. Hummm, all these imagine issues, thought I was back in high school. hee hee hee

Top Bottom