Mahlon TM 10/27

anrothar

entirely thrilled
Tearing Down The Wall pI *Please note change of parking lots!*

Short notice I know, but:

This Saturday morning it begins! Come to Mahlon Dickerson Reservation for a trail reroute that has been a loooong time coming. We will be BUILDING singletrack under the guidance of Morris Trails Partnership and with the approval of Morris County Park Commission. It will likely be wet, but we will work anyway. This will be the first of several days needed to complete the entire reroute, but depending on the amount of volunteers that arrive, we may be able to complete one full ridable section. it's a three part reroute that crosses over 'The Wall' and back again.

Official start time 8AM.

Please bring: gloves, sturdy hiking or work boots, clothes you don't mind getting dirty, raingear, your game face.

We will provide: Tools, guidance, water, and trail mix.

Meet at the TENT CAMPING AREA!
Hope to see you there! :getsome:

from rt 23 Northbound:

Take Oak Ridge Rd to the stoplight at Ridge rd.
Right onto Ridge rd.
Left at the flashing double yellow light onto Schoolhouse rd.
Right at T onto Dover-Milton rd.
Bear Left onto Weldon rd.
Ascend the hill past the High School and Middle School, and the TENT CAMPING AREA will be on your left and marked by a large red sign with a tent symbol hanging from the bottom of it.

from rt 23 Southbound:

Take(a left on) Resevoir rd.
Right at T onto Oak Ridge/Berkshire Valley rd.
Right at first(only) stoplight onto Ridge rd.
Left at the flashing double yellow light onto Schoolhouse rd.
Right at T onto Dover-Milton rd.
Bear Left onto Weldon rd.
Ascend the hill past the High School and Middle School, and the TENT CAMPING AREA will be on your left and marked by a large red sign with a tent symbol hanging from the bottom of it.

From rt. 80 eastbound:

Take exit 34
Bear Right at bottom of ramp.
Go Straight through the light, staying in the Right lane.
Go through the light(when it's green:D ) and onto rt 15.
Follow rt 15 through 3 lights.
After the third light, you will pass a gas station on the right hand side.
Once past the gas station, a third lane will open about 100 mtrs up on the Right.
Get into it.
From this lane, take the SECOND exit.
This will put you onto Weldon rd.
Drive past all the houses, past the Rock Rill and Saffins Pond entrances to MDR, around a few bends and the the TENT CAMPING AREA will be on your RIGHT and marked by a large red sign with a tent symbol hanging from the bottom of it.

From rt 80 westbound:

Take exit 34B onto rt 15N.
Follow rt 15 through 4 lights.
After the fourth light, you will pass a gas station on the right hand side.
Once past the gas station, a third lane will open about 100 mtrs up on the Right.
Get into it.
From this lane, take the SECOND exit.
This will put you onto Weldon rd.
Drive past all the houses, past the Rock Rill and Saffins Pond entrances to MDR, around a few bends and the the TENT CAMPING AREA will be on your RIGHT and marked by a large red sign with a tent symbol hanging from the bottom of it.

Last edited:

walter

Fourth Party
Let me check with Mrs.walter. Since I am somewhat injured I wont be doing any real rides this weekend, and since I expressed intrest in helping, let me see what I can do. If I got enough time, ie. drive up, work, bullshit, drive home, Im in.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
oops....sorry...can't make it, I am off to the POCONOS, I am driving (well, being driven around) a NASCAR car :getsome: :getsome: :getsome:
No, I am NOT a NASCAR fan, but this was a gift....:D

Next time ;)

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Oh wow, this is really cool, as I love Mahlon and hate that old wall solpost ( scar on the land piece of $h1t trail ). Will you be having a spit on the old tread ceremony?

Seriously, I will try to make it, but not 100% sure I'll be able to fit it in with all going on right now. Hope to see you and many thanks, if I don't make the first session.

Ellen

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sorry but I'm away this weekend. Good luck.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
just put art on a skateboard on the floor and the beer on the lowest shelf in the fridge and he'll be fine. :D

seriously, did he get the surgery yet? is he alright?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh wow, this is really cool, as I love Mahlon and hate that old wall solpost ( scar on the land piece of $h1t trail ). Will you be having a spit on the old tread ceremony?

Nice salty reply! Have never seen this side of you. Well done!

anrothar

entirely thrilled
PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF PARKING LOTS IN ORIGINAL POST!!

we will be meeting at the tent camping area, which is about 100 yds away from the picnic area.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
nope, as noted in the newly revised first post:

"Please bring: gloves, sturdy hiking or work boots, clothes you don't mind getting dirty, raingear, your game face.

We will provide: Tools, guidance, water, and trail mix."

crew leaders with be Tom and Duncan from MTP, who helped lay out the reroute.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Mr pixy does not get the hip done til next week, (but I'll keep the skateboard thing in mind.) ..... We will be doing the "mountain blue, hippy dippy doo" ride on Sunday as his last group ride this year.

So, we may be able to help out with tm saturday. Will we be riding, walking or driving into the wall?

ellen

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
Tm

Sorry away this weekend as well. Post up the next date and will put it on the calander!

SpartaBard

Mr pixy does not get the hip done til next week, (but I'll keep the skateboard thing in mind.) ..... We will be doing the "mountain blue, hippy dippy doo" ride on Sunday as his last group ride this year.

So, we may be able to help out with tm saturday. Will we be riding, walking or driving into the wall?

ellen

Pixy, It is a very short walk (0.25-0.5 miles or so) from the campground parking area, so I would assume that we will walk to the wall.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
let's roll! :getsome: should be nice and sloppy, which means easy digging. if you get brave and show up late, just leave a note on your dashboard that says "Trail Maintenance: MTP". then walk to the end of the pavement in the back of the campground and up the trail. at the top you'll hang a right, follow it to a clearing, and give a shout if you don't see us at that point.

us :2guns: the wall

BAIN

When you guys refer to the "wall" is that the washout climb that always gives me hell over by the overlook? Also, did the enviro people stop that guy from making those new trails there? They are really fun! Keep up the good work!

Top Bottom