Mahlon Sunday 11:00 (HELP)

Wazu

Hi everyone. Me and and a friend of mine with intermediate skills are going to Mahlon Dickerson today. He has a gps but we have no idea where to go once we get there. If anyone wants to lead this ride you are MORE than welcome to show us. Hell, if anyone wants to get lost with us you are more than welcome too! Brad, Fog...help us! We will be meeting in the Saffin Pond Parking lot. I'll have a Bianchi Punishmint Green SS and my friend will more than likely look like he's ready to play a Girls Field Hockey game riding a Specialized Hard Rock. My cell 973 219 1324 to call or text. I won't be by the computer after 9:30.

SpartaBard

I won't be able to make it, I am in charge of Junior Sparta Brad today. You should be able to recreate the route we took last week. right...:eek:

S

Stan LeCupp

Hey Wazu

I could help you ,I know Mahlon well and was planning on riding there today. I'll meet you there at 11am if your still going. I'm in white toyota, black bike.

Wazu

Thanks

LOL Brad....I stink at remembering trails (big time). Glad to hear you have your priorities also (Brad Jr). Hopefully we can go together soon? Le Cupp....THANKS MAN! I'll be there and it'll be fun. My friend downloaded Mahlon on his GPS but I'd rather go with you and your local knowledge. I want to get to know Mahlon cause I'm gonna make it one of my favorite places to ride. I need to get to know all the race places so next year will be easier to race. See ya then man!

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
c'mon g, you can figure it out...although having alex sherpa will be good.

my advice would have been this: head down the rail trail across the road. make your first right into the woods. if something gets in your way, turn. :D

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Hey Wazu,

I might run into y'all up there...I have to roll off a little earlier today because of time constraints.

If not enjoy the ride.

Tim

Wazu

c'mon g, you can figure it out...although having alex sherpa will be good.

my advice would have been this: head down the rail trail across the road. make your first right into the woods. if something gets in your way, turn. :D

Guess I never told ya about when I was lost there IN the dark and had to follow a very distant light to someone's house. I also broke both wrists on the road that night. JAKE you should come!

Stocky

Just got back, we did our usually 7am ride, it used to be 6am. It's just to dark these days.

ALOT of riders in the main lot as we finished up.

The trails are gonna be buzzing with activity today.

idbrian

Crotch Rot
Wish this was up earlier. 11AM is a good meeting time and i know MD well enough to lead an intermediate ride.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
ALOT of riders in the main lot as we finished up.

The trails are gonna be buzzing with activity today.

This is true!

I was walking down the wall re-route taking pictures of it for Sean and over 20 riders came through there...

It is a super-nice day up there. I over dressed a little...it warmed up quick around 10-10:30...

xc62701

They must have all been in Mahlon today. I was in Allamuchy till noon and there was NO ONE??? How could this be. It was so beautiful out this morning.

Wazu

Yeah it seemed busy today. Stan LeCupp (Alex) showed us the trails. He is a good technical rider and a nice guy. Thanks Alex! Me and Mike would have gotten lost if we went on our own. It was a fun ride and 16 miles was the most Mike ever did so that was cool too. Was nice to see idbrian and his girl. We rode for a mile or two.

Last edited:
S

Stan LeCupp

Hey wazu thanks for posting this, it was a fun ride. Good to meet you Gerald and Mike. Lets ride again soon.

Alex

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
A little? You looked like you were ready for the blizzard of '09. Nice chatting with you as that parade went down the re-route.

Ditto...

It wasn't *that* bad. My tights weren't insulated, my Moose Mitts weren't on my bike, and I had a single layer of under-armor under my shirt. The under armor, BTW, was in my pack by the next time I saw you.

You should see me up there when it is 20 degrees out :D

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Yeah it seemed busy today. Stan LeCupp (Alex) showed us the trails. He is a good technical rider and a nice guy. Thanks Alex! Me and Mike would have gotten lost if we went on our own. It was a fun ride and 16 miles was the most Mike ever did so that was cool too. Was nice to see idbrian and his girl. We rode for a mile or two.

Sorry I missed you guys...

I took pics of the re-route for Sean, then hustled around Stones Gate in hopes to getting to Saffin before you guys rolled off. Alas, I wasn't fast enough...no surprise there :(

'Am surprised I didn't see you the rest of the ride...I'll bet I saw every other rider in the park between 10 and 12 today...

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Would have been cool to hook up Tim. I love that place. I'm gonna do it more often for sure. Here is a motion based link to show you where we went.
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.do?episodePk.pkValue=6960559

WMA, 3-stone transition to Cascade, over to the wall and stones gate...I rode the same route(s) today sans the WMA. I was planning on the WMA too, but was running a little short on time....so I boogied up the rail bed instead...'just as well...I haven't been feeling particularly spry on the bike this week...

Top Bottom