Mahlon is in good shape! 4/2

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
In spite of the rain last night, MD is in good shape. As Sean says, it has drained well where it drains well and is wet where it is usually wet.

Ventured into the Weldon WMA too. Not quite as good as shape, but very ridable. Some mud here and there (some bogs hidden under leaves so be ready for that). Quite a few branches down, though. And, some trees have fallen over recently blocking the trail. A few are perched rather precariously so keep an eye out for those (especially if it is a little windy, like it was this AM).

All-in-all the trails are in better shape than me :) My back is still tweaked a bit from TM last Saturday, but I decided to ride anyway. The first 1/3 of the ride was tough overall; back hurt, my legs refused to make *any* power, and I found myself easily getting winded (and winded badly; dunno' what was up with that). I think I walked more than I rode. But after riding/hiking for 30-ish minutes, my back pain vanished, my legs started to come around, and I was no longer feeling like I just sprinted 600 yards. It was good.

Then a Morris County Park cop gave me a ticket for an expired inspection on my Explorer. 'Knew I forgot somethin' (I barely drive the thing).:mad: He was sitting in the Saffin lot, waiting I guess. Pulled me over just as soon as I pulled out of the lot. I waved at the guy when I was finishing my ride. Oh well, bottom line I'm guilty.

I guess it is an omen I should be riding TO MD for rides. Sigh...the climb up Weldon (heading west) isn't a good way to start though, damnit...

Shaggz

A strong 7
You should have told him you were a trail volunteer checking in on the re-route :rolleyes:. Did you take a look to see how the work held up?

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
You should have told him you were a trail volunteer checking in on the re-route :rolleyes:. Did you take a look to see how the work held up?

No I didn't; I was in sucking wind mode whilst in that area this morning...

anrothar

entirely thrilled
it's holding up well. i was in there yesterday and today. only one person appears to have ridden it, can't tell how many walked it(because of our footprints).

tim, speaking from experience, when you have an expired inspection, ALWAYS park nose in, against woods or a building or something. :)

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
tim, speaking from experience, when you have an expired inspection, ALWAYS park nose in, against woods or a building or something. :)

Good advice; though 8:30 AM on a Wednesday at Saffin Pond one would think this wouldn't be a problem.

I usually don't let this happen...but like I said, I barely drive the thing and just spaced it.

Besides, I just would've bought more bike sh!t with the $130 anyway...

Top Bottom