Mahlon Dickerson: SUnday 6/22

Shaggz

A strong 7
Casual ride through Mahlon Dickerson. Meet at the Pond parking lot, wheels down at 8:00. We will be hitting a lot of the fun stuff, Cascade, 3 Stone, Stone Gate, etc. Approximately 10-12 miles with a couple of bail out points. This is a no drop ride, so leave your hammers at home.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Casual ride through Mahlon Dickerson. Meet at the Pond parking lot, wheels down at 8:00. We will be hitting a lot of the fun stuff, Cascade, 3 Stone, Stone Gate, etc. Approximately 10-12 miles with a couple of bail out points. This is a no drop ride, so leave your hammers at home.

Hi Steve,

I think I can do this...'need to check with the wife...I'll get the skinny and will advise.

Tim

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Puntin'....

Guys, I gotta' punt.

BTW, there are supposed to be heavy T-storms in the early AM (4-5) up here...I've had my fill of wet rocks for one weekend.

SpartaBard

I am in, apparently you took care of asking permission for me already;). We can discuss weather later.

Stocky

I have never met up with any of you guys, since I'm only into my 8th week of riding but we have been riding Mahlon every Sunday at 6am or earlier for the last 7 weeks. We often get there before they open the gates.

Last week we had a bear sighting.

Anyway, maybe I'll pass you guys on the trail. Look for 3 guys that look just a bit clueless , but are having a damn good time.

cross your fingers for no early morning rain.

SpartaBard

I have never met up with any of you guys, since I'm only into my 8th week of riding but we have been riding Mahlon every Sunday at 6am or earlier for the last 7 weeks. We often get there before they open the gates.

Last week we had a bear sighting.

Anyway, maybe I'll pass you guys on the trail. Look for 3 guys that look just a bit clueless , but are having a damn good time.

cross your fingers for no early morning rain.

Yeah there are one or two bears out there.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Nice ride today. Started with Brad, the "Other" Norm and Ira, who we met in the Lot, and we hooked up wit Dan M. at the top of the Wall. Today was one of those days that reminds me why I like mountainbiking, and I realize how fortunate we are to have access to such great parks. Thanks for coming out, guys!

EDIT: We saw a bear near "Three Stones", which added to the stoke factor. If you get the opportunity to ride with JORBA Norm, make sure he tells you about his recent bear encounter.

Last edited:

de00304

Nice ride today. Started with Brad, the "Other" Norm and Ira, who we met in the Lot, and we hooked up wit Dan M. at the top of the Wall. Today was one of those days that reminds me why I like mountainbiking, and I realize how fortunate we are to have access to such great parks. Thanks for coming out, guys!

EDIT: We saw a bear near "Three Stones", which added to the stoke factor. If you get the opportunity to ride with JORBA Norm, make sure he tells you about his recent bear encounter.

Thanks for letting me tag along guys - good fun!

Stocky

Sorry we missed you guys, we got back to the lot at about 8:15, we probably just missed you guys.

That was my White Suburban parked on the road .

Can you guys help me out with trail names ?

Two super steep downhills, one is right after a large opening somewhere around Headly Overlook I think ? The trail goes from a single track type of trail to sort of a grassy knoll and then you kiss your ass gooodbye and rock n roll downhill .

The second downhill is somewhere on the Yellow trail I think you cross Beaver Brook Heading toward the pond that has what looks like a dock halfway submerged in the water .

One of these might be Devils Staircase ?

I live to ride these two downhills !

Shaggz

A strong 7
First one is the Wall. We have a TM session going next Saturday starting at 8:00AM to continue the re-route.

Second one is Devil's Staircase.

Next time you go, take the left side spur right after Beaver Brook - Yellow with Black square. That is Stone Gate, and it will let you out at the base of Devil's Staircase.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What is Devil's Staircase? I've heard people refer (incorrectly?) to The Wall as Devil's Staircase. Is that just the fire road at the base of Stone Gate?

Top Bottom