Mahlon Dickerson Reservation Conditions

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The trail sanitizers are out again. This time on Ghost. They attempted a complete re-route around the first couple of large rock obstacles and then made highly distinct alternative lines around most of the main features. Best part is, this/these loser(s) didn't bother trying to cut down a waist high tree that has been there for months. One of those decent sized ones, but could be done in 30 minutes with a handsaw, probably less time than they spent re-routing. Wish the guy who constantly fights the seemingly constant battle on TB and BM would ride Ghost. Thanks, whoever you are.
This just doesn't make sense. Ghost kinda goes nowhere, it ends up in a swamp with terrible climbs out. The only reason to ride Ghost is cause it's Ghost. Otherwise just take the damn fire road around.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This just doesn't make sense. Ghost kinda goes nowhere, it ends up in a swamp with terrible climbs out. The only reason to ride Ghost is cause it's Ghost. Otherwise just take the damn fire road around.
Lol ghost is the best trail here. Aside from the waste high tree that has been down for almost 4 months I don’t understand the other complaints...

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lol ghost is the best trail here. Aside from the waste high tree that has been down for almost 4 months I don’t understand the other complaints...

i remember the tree from friday, how far do you think it is to get to it?

Eddie Z

I did a counterclockwise loop thru the WMA area a few nights ago. The final leg of the loop, from the peak back down to the safin pond parking lot was a disaster. Like 5 Chainsawable obstructions. I always do what I can with the Corona Saw in my pack, and sometimes I'll drag out my silky saw for the larger stuff. But this is well beyond my capabilities.

jerzey111

I did Ghost to stone gate and back up to suffin. Ghost needs to be trimmed bad. I found 6 ticks on my legs still crawling right after that trail and there are few small trees down.

Do i need permission to trim and cut few bigger branches from fallen trees or i can just go for it?

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I did Ghost to stone gate and back up to suffin. Ghost needs to be trimmed bad. I found 6 ticks on my legs still crawling right after that trail and there are few small trees down.

Do i need permission to trim and cut few bigger branches from fallen trees or i can just go for it?

my understanding is hand tools are ok, power tools are not.

26''_Ripper

Where are the big rollers that I keep hearing about? I'm Planning on riding tigers blood black magic and the rollers next weekend but don't know where the rollers are.

FitmanNJ

Solid 3-4 inches of icy snow on the ground great for fatbiking.
I rode Mahlon today, too, but I found that the 3-4" of icy snow provided the most rolling resistance I can ever recall...equal to what you'd expect in 8-10" of fluffy stuff. It did help to air the fat tires WAY down, which reduced the time I spent breaking through the top sheet of ice.

xc62701

I rode Mahlon today, too, but I found that the 3-4" of icy snow provided the most rolling resistance I can ever recall...equal to what you'd expect in 8-10" of fluffy stuff. It did help to air the fat tires WAY down, which reduced the time I spent breaking through the top sheet of ice.
Eww F that. Good to know!

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Sunday was definitely work at Mahlon but 95% rideable. Not sure what this coming storm will do to the snow cover though.
87B3096B-5B26-4D0B-A6F6-E8749C0C4A66.jpeg
7ADECE25-E9A2-47E4-936E-8E27FEEB6AFE.jpeg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions