Mahlon 8am Saturday

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Anyone interested in riding Mahlon Saturday at 8? Sparta Brad and I are meeting up to sell my bike rack but he has to split right away for family stuff.

I can put together a 2hr ride that includes the cascade trail, but I'd love to ride with someone who knows MD well.

SpartaBard

If you would like I can also leave you with some nuggets of advice for a route before I take off for the zoo.

Panhead

I might be able to make it, still waiting for Friday's ride fallout to end though. Garmin can string together a good ride- brought us back to the same spot at least 8 times in LM.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I might be able to make it, still waiting for Friday's ride fallout to end though. Garmin can string together a good ride- brought us back to the same spot at least 8 times in LM.

cool, hope to see you. i know a good route at mahlon and hopefully brad gives us something to tack onto it.

Panhead

I'm starting to hear I'll be in Fla. for the 1st week of Aug, starting the day before my wife's birthday. The fall out will continue.

J

jimex7

Md

I am so up for it guys I know the trails back there my back yard is md. What is the pace I am fresh from bruising my elbow bone, but would still like to ride.
jjj

J

jimex7

I cleared it with wife i need to leave around 10 10:15 does that work for you guys?

J

jimex7

I would like to go close to 2 hours I usually do the loop that goes down railroad bed to pine swamp out by the sparta mountain rd back up school overlook and to picnic area I cross over by headly and come back around saffin rock around 10-12 miles I think. Maybe 2 hour ride or less?

Panhead

I'll leave the pace to Justin and I'm fine with anything that doesn't involve fire roads or roads. Lots of rocks and roots would make me happy.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I would like to go close to 2 hours I usually do the loop that goes down railroad bed to pine swamp out by the sparta mountain rd back up school overlook and to picnic area I cross over by headly and come back around saffin rock around 10-12 miles I think. Maybe 2 hour ride or less?

this sounds great. i've done that loop but i forget my way to the school overlook. lets all get there by 8 and we can crush 2 hours and be done around 10.

crashcan -- intermediate pace? dave and I are sport class racers if that helps. Not sure about Jimex but he knows the place so I'm sure he'll be dragging us around.

J

jimex7

Yeah sounds good I do not know what class you would call me. I am short going bald slightly over weight?

Mahlon is my stomping ground where are we meeting?

crashcanipe

Where are we going to meet?

I'm a sport level guy as well. A two hour ride sounds great and if anyone wants to go longer, I'm open. I'm fine with any pace and like an earlier person said - I love the rocks and roots. I'm not really short, nor am I bald but I am slightly overweight and getting old (41 on Saturday so this is a birthday ride for me:eek:).
Barry

J

jimex7

saffin pond it is I will be there at 8:00 I drive a 4door black wranglersee ya than

MST.ESQ

If you guys don't mind, I may tag along. I will be driving my wife's silver Chevy Equinox with my Trek hardtail on the roof. (But don't bother looking for me unless I post a confirmation here tomorrow - must get permission first!)

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
One more thing- 29er single speed or 29er geared?

Silly question -- 9 speeds -- always. :D

No long hills that I can remember at Mahlon. Kinda like Ringwood: rocky fireroad-singletrack mix, so I'm sure you could swing the SS if you wanted. Looking foward to seeing you again pal and finding out what this fallout is all about. I'll get there like 745 to chat.

J

jimex7

I have ridin with people who have single speeds in md no biggie

Top Bottom