Mahlon 8am Saturday

Silly question -- 9 speeds -- always. :D

No long hills that I can remember at Mahlon. Kinda like Ringwood: rocky fireroad-singletrack mix, so I'm sure you could swing the SS if you wanted. Looking foward to seeing you again pal and finding out what this fallout is all about. I'll get there like 745 to chat.

SS at MD is fine. I run a 32/20 and except for some of the more steep and technical climbs, it is fine. If you're an experienced SS'er with okay technical skills, you don't need those other gears. Myself, I'm a SS rookie and have sucky technical skills, but I'm doing just fine on a SS and don't walk anymore than I was with gears.

SS at MD is fine. I run a 32/20 and except for some of the more steep and technical climbs, it is fine. If you're an experienced SS'er with okay technical skills, you don't need those other gears. Myself, I'm a SS rookie and have sucky technical skills, but I'm doing just fine on a SS and don't walk anymore than I was with gears.

You WALK in Mahlon??:rofl::rofl:

You and Jake are both 3 times the rider your minds won't let you be. Get fired up and start whoopin some 29 ass fogeyson:D

Got room for one more?

Just need to to a bit of maintenence on my duallie tonight and I should be good to go.

I'm definitely in

Look forward to meeting you guys. My bike is stuffed in the trunk of my car and I'm ready to go.

I'll be riding a Van Dessel Jersey Devil- with gears. MD is good for SS but my singlespeed was pirated for parts for the Devil. I was going to bring my dualie but I'm afraid you guys would kill me pushing 34 lbs around on top of my own fat @ss.

I'll be driving a silver BMW with a bike falling out of the trunk.

See you there.
Barry

I was unable to get permission!!! I will try to catch up with you guys next time.

I have to work in NYC tomorrow afternoon, maybe I will bring my bike and give Highbridge a try:hmmm:

One more rider ?

does anyone mind if I join in late around 9:45 am
I'll bring my SS 32,19 Is it cool meet you guys at saffin pond parking lot

Anyone interested in riding Mahlon Saturday at 8? Sparta Brad and I are meeting up to sell my bike rack but he has to split right away for family stuff.

I can put together a 2hr ride that includes the cascade trail, but I'd love to ride with someone who knows MD well.

I am so ready I know it is late but looking forward to tomorrow. I will see you all at 8 am i am driving black jeep can not miss me. If i am not there at 8 give me a few minutes.

jjj

Justin rolling a steep rock
IMG_0864_cropped.jpg

Steve, same rock
steve_roll.jpg

Panhead taking a second trip down the wall
pan_roll.jpg

Panhead and his mechanical. I'm not in any of the pics, but my bike did make a cameo in the background here.
Pan_mech.jpg

Closeup
Pan_mech_close.jpg

Last edited:
Crash Climbing
Crash_climb.jpg

Steve Climbing
Steve_climb.jpg

Panhead Climbing
pan_climb.jpg

Jimex, your only pic didn't come out that well (verry blurry) so I did a hack photoshop job on it for you.
jimex_post.jpg

The pix didn't come out as well as I would have liked, but if you want the 3MP versions just shoot me a PM with your email addy.

Last edited:
Great time! Great meeting Paul, Barry and Steve and big thanks to Joe for leading a great route. Great trail and beat the hell out of watching TV.

Great ride - Thanks Jim for showing the loop

Really enjoyed the ride today - nice pace, not too slow, not too fast. Good to put faces with names although I'll never remember the names until a few more rides. Great job by Panhead (Dave?) on the rigid 29er SS.

I'll attach the download from the Garmin once Motionbased ever decides to accept my upload.

Barry

Great riding with you guys. Thanks for showing us around Jim that was a nice loop. Anyone up for Kitatinny Tues or Wed? Off to Waway for some hillclimbing punishment now.

Back
Top Bottom