Mahlamuchy Epic Overnighter!

C

Cthulhu

I'd love to join you all but I don't think that I'll be able to keep up. What is the difficulty looking like for the shorter loops? And what kind of a pace are you looking to keep?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
there aren't any 'loops' in this. it's basically one big loop. you start and finish each day in a different location. if you don't think you can manage better than 7 or 8+ miles per hour for 50 miles on allamuchy type terrain, then this ride probably isn't for you. if we want to get in 50 miles in a day without losing daylight or getting everyone too spread out, we will need to keep a 'decent' pace. we wont be racing, but having people waaaaaaay off the back will really put a damper on such a long ride.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
did some trail scouting with brett brett today. the loop is coming along. still need to scout two more sections before it's finalized and ready to go. :getsome:

Shaggz

A strong 7
camping

have you figured out the camping schedule? i won't be participating in the ride, but want to stop by the camp site with colin to say hello.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
damn thats a HIKE. maybe in a couple of years ill be able to keep up on such a trip, but for now id prolly end up in the ER if i tried, haha. have fun guys!!:D

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Sean,

Have you locked down the route yet? I'm particularly interested in Sunday. I probably can't do the entire Sunday portion, but I'd like to do some. I need to figure out a good bail point....

Tim

anrothar

entirely thrilled
route's been locked in for about a month now. good bail out points based on where you live would be taylor rd or minisink rd, then take berkshire valley rd back. you could also stick around another few miles to pub 199, or a few more to howard blvd.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
route's been locked in for about a month now. good bail out points based on where you live would be taylor rd or minisink rd, then take berkshire valley rd back. you could also stick around another few miles to pub 199, or a few more to howard blvd.

Thanks. So the KML files at the top of the thread reflect what we're doin'?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
pretty much. we're cutting out a couple of the hills in the first part of sunday so that noone dies(myself included).

euphoria

moochy mothers day

I'm not sure if I can but I'd like to join you guys for Allamuchy on Sunday if you dont mind the company. Maybe see you off to rt 517 then loop back around. About what time do you think you will be passing through the lot off Waterloo Rd?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
that's really tough to say. i'll have a crew tired from the previous day and on the ebb side of 45 miles....

anrothar

entirely thrilled
alright, this will be SATURDAY and SUNDAY only. the friday portion has been removed. they're calling for possible showers early saturday, but it shouldn't be enough to stop us.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Confirming Intent...

I'm all in for Saturday. I won't be camping at Mahlon; with a shower and my own bed a mile or two away, well, I can't bring myself to do it ;) Plus, I can catch most of the Turkish Grand Prix before the ride starts on Sunday.

I intend to join for part of the ride on Sunday. How far I go will depend on what Wifey decides she wants to do for Mom's day. It is possible, but unlikely, that she'll come up with something that could torpedo Sunday entirely. I should know that in the next day or two or three...

Who else is still "in"?

Sean,
Have you nailed down the Saturday start gathering point yet?

Tim

anrothar

entirely thrilled
meeting place is at casa estes. i'll pm directions to those that confirm for saturday.

HOWEVER!!!

we neeeeeeeed someone to volunteer(wife? gf? hubbie? bf?) to bring camping gear to mahlon from green twp(allamuchy), and from mahlon to green township... failing this, we'll be packing our own gear. that would be fine with me, but i imagine i would be riding solo if that were the case....

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
meeting place is at casa estes. i'll pm directions to those that confirm for saturday.

HOWEVER!!!

we neeeeeeeed someone to volunteer(wife? gf? hubbie? bf?) to bring camping gear to mahlon from green twp(allamuchy), and from mahlon to green township... failing this, we'll be packing our own gear. that would be fine with me, but i imagine i would be riding solo if that were the case....

My wife says she'll hang around until everybody is there on Saturday; then y'all can dump your gear in my Explorer. She'll drive home with it and I can run down to get it when we hit Mahlon. So, start point to Mahlon is covered if there isn't a wife/gf/hubbie/bf planning on meeting up with us at Mahlon. Unfortunately, since I probably can't make the entire ride, I can't swing Sunday.

On Sunday, if worse comes to worse, we could put your gear under my deck and y'all could come get it after the ride. Sub-optimal to be sure, but may be better than carrying it.

Top Bottom