Madison city trails near Whippany?

Tonggi

During my short stint at my client in Whippany. I met people who work there who say they ride trails at "Madison" and loop to Lewis Morris. Probably more than I would want to do but I am more curious about the trails at Madison that I can ride straight from the parking lot at work. By Whippany road and route 10. Any ideas?

Thanks.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There are some trails in Madison that go over the abandoned/never built Triborough Rd bridge. I haven't ridden them and don't know much about them, but I PM'd you some info.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
There's also the paved traction line that goes into Morristown... I keep meaning to check out the trails mentioned above... someday....

Blair

According to google maps patriots path continues across 287, through Central Park down Eden lane, loops around whippany, picks up in east Hanover and into Livingston near eagle rock. I'm sure there are some roads involved but you can see parts of it on google maps and connect the dots.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
I explored the section starting from Whippany Central Park a couple of weeks ago. Near 287 is not fun and not in good shape (but this is only a short section). Once you get halfway through Morristown the trail improves.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions