Mad River Glen?

monkey boy

Self-Imposed Exile
Boycott Mrg!!!

Open Minds Open Mountains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boycott Mad River Glen,alta And Any Others That Don"t Allow Everyone To Enjoy The Slopes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Free The Snow!!!!!!!!!!!

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Open Minds Open Mountains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boycott Mad River Glen,alta And Any Others That Don"t Allow Everyone To Enjoy The Slopes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Free The Snow!!!!!!!!!!!

so they really dont allow boarders?

that's insane - i remember when boarding first started, and resorts were giving boarders a hard time, but that was more than a decade ago - i figured by now all that crap would be done.

looks like okemo again then.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
MRG is one of those purist mountains, they still have a single chair lift. Sugar Bush is right next to MRG, while I've never skied there I hear its a good mountain. Stowe in northern VT is getting more snow than central VT if you want to go further north.

don

I watched part of that snowboard vid at Darkside in Stowe last weekend. It was pretty funny - guys were stashing boards in the woods and wearing black suits and stuff.

MRG did allow snowboarding at one point years ago - but I think it was the late 80's as it wasn't even allowed when I was up there in college. Back then you used to have to get a special pass to snowboard on the hill - take a test and everything.

Clarkenstein - if you were planning on going to MRG - Sugarbush is near by and should be good. I haven't been there since college but it's a good sized mtn. Me personally, I'd say drive the extra 45 minutes and head over to Stowe.

Glancing Aft

I hate to say it, but Mad River Glen has the best skiing on the East.

With the slow single with low capacity you get uncrowded slopes and powder that will last all day. It also has some of the best tree skiing in the east and probably my favorite run anywhere, Paradise. Also if Magic Hat makes a beer named after the place, Magic Hat Single Chair Ale, it's gotta be good! Here are some pictures I took up there last year.

I do wish they allowed Snowboarding, but as my girlfriend (an ex Vermont resident) always says "if they lifted the ban, why go, after they discriminated against us for years"

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I hate to say it, but Mad River Glen has the best skiing on the East.

With the slow single with low capacity you get uncrowded slopes and powder that will last all day. It also has some of the best tree skiing in the east and probably my favorite run anywhere, Paradise. Also if Magic Hat makes a beer named after the place, Magic Hat Single Chair Ale, it's gotta be good! Here are some pictures I took up there last year.

I do wish they allowed Snowboarding, but as my girlfriend (an ex Vermont resident) always says "if they lifted the ban, why go, after they discriminated against us for years"

I have never been to MRG ( I have been snowboarding since 1987) but i would bet that if you hit Jay midweek you might find some stuff that you would prefer.

As to the lifting of the ban.. Taos is lifting it and I plan on going.

xc62701

I wonder what it must sound like to get off of a lift and not hear the ratchety ratchety symphony as all the boarders get ready...:D Must be peaceful...(running for cover...):getsome:

Glancing Aft

I wonder what it must sound like to get off of a lift and not hear the ratchety ratchety symphony as all the boarders get ready...:D Must be peaceful...(running for cover...):getsome:

Forget the sounds, imagine how good the moguls are... I KID!!!! :D:p;)

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Forget MRG... a Sugarbush trip is definitely on the schedule for this SUMMER...

09012207woodberm4.jpg

09012207woodberm3.jpg

murphysjump4.jpg

Glancing Aft

back on topic,
8"-10" of snow there last night and up to 14" tonight. Things are falling into place for a "sick" day tomorrow and friday. I hope the civic can handle the snow! :D

...Lost

MRG, Ski it if you can :rolleyes:

Someone mentioned Stowe. I don't get that place. What's the point of a gondola if it only takes you a few hundred yards up the mountain?

Glancing Aft

MRG, Ski it if you can :rolleyes:

Someone mentioned Stowe. I don't get that place. What's the point of a gondola if it only takes you a few hundred yards up the mountain?

Cause if it went up to the snowfields it'd have many closed days due to wind. Also there would be way too many morons in the snow fields getting themselves hurt. It's a short hike and well worth it, I like it the way it is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom