Mad River Glen?

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
I still have dreams of walking the ridgeline from sugarbush and dropping into MRG on my snowboard, and just doing a renegade run (complete with my bare ass hanging out). but I probably should have done it when I was younger and a faster runner (to escape the hoards of skiier wanting my ass). then again, they're in ski boots ;) hmmm...

taos crumbled due to business pressure. i'd like to say MRG has a chance of doing the same but they are a classic VT-style collective so the skiiers will keep funding their little slice of valhalla regardless of whether it makes money or not.

can't say I blame them.

the others are deer valley and alta. i can't see either one of those folding soon. the location of alta is primo and deer valley caters to the uber wealthy. no one wants to snowboard deer valley anyway

that said, i do want to hit taos in 09. i skied there in 2001 after a foot overnight and all i wanted to do was be on my board. good terrain! but so so snowfall and isolated location made them open to snowboarders or bleed money.

Glancing Aft

The best part about the Poach for Power is when Burton organized the poach during the grand opening of the "new" single chair. Supposedly they had intended to interrupt the ceremony, but the snowboards had so much trouble getting down the slopes at MRG that they missed it :)

Top Bottom