Mad Elf

Shaggz

A strong 7
Someone must have been reading this forum, because this is flying off the shelf. Tuesday, the LLS had cases of this stuff, on display and in the cooler. Last night I stopped by, and got the last 6-pack. The fella working the register said he sold five 6-packs in 45 mins.

Anyways, I had one last night. TBH, I was a bit underwhelmed. It seemed to have very low carbonation. Not sure if it's an artifact of the honey :hmmm:. I felt real good :drooling:, but was expecting a bit more for my $15.

Glancing Aft

Well if you don't like it you can donate the rest of the sixer to me! :) Next time I'm up at the brewery I'm going to have to splurge and buy a growler, yummmmmm.

Shaggz

A strong 7
I guess I have to be in the right mood when I try it again. I am not big on the glass choices for beers, but I think this would be better in a tulip glass.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i drank a 22 ozer tonight. it was good, but certainly not for more than that. i'm back on my IPAs.

walter

Fourth Party
i drank a 22 ozer tonight. it was good, but certainly not for more than that. i'm back on my IPAs.

Agreed. I thought it was OK, but not something I could really get into. As I suggested to MWlikesbikes, try the Great Divide Denver Pale Ale. Really good.

The Kalmyk

Agreed. I thought it was OK, but not something I could really get into. As I suggested to MWlikesbikes, try the Great Divide Denver Pale Ale. Really good.

ANYTHING from Great Divide is the shizzle...My suggestion on Great Divide can be found in the Stout thread

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Back to the OP.

I don't like it. There, I said it. Far too much yeast. This tastes like a wheat beer on steroids, not really in a good way.

Did Steve say he drank 3 of these in 1 night? Have we heard from Steve since then? That's a lot.

I think I'm going to give the rest away as group ride and TM incentives.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Only 2 left. They are the 29 ss of the beer world. Lots of hype. Everyone HAS to have them. Very few really enjoy them. The few that continue to drink them are too stubborn to admit they were wrong or are too dumb to know any better :D

Last edited:

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
well, i happened to be at a place last nite that had a MAD ELF PARTY...with the ELF himself :rofl:
I am not completely sold on it, so I might have to give it another try ;)
Perhaps I wasn't concentrating on the beer :rolleyes:

BicyclePhD

Jamis Bicycles
Shop Keep
Last night we had one of our informal beer tasting nights and Mad Elf was one of the beers we were sampling. I wanted to post on it last night while i was drinking it but i didn't want to just jump review it. I need to think about it more. This is what i came up with

1. Serria Nevada Bigfoot Ale
2. Mad Elf
3. 3 Stooges Beer
4. Ginnus
5. Heineken

as the worst beers every
big foot is the only beer that was ever "accidently" poured down the drain by all my friends and we do not wast beer

mad elf $15 for cherry and honey, drinkable unlike big foot sure it is high alcohol but for $15 i can buy a 6 pack of honey brown and SA cherrywheat and mix my own

3 stooges every eat play dough it tastes like that but in liquid form

ginnus very good as a black and blue pretty good as a black and tan. horriable when talking to the idiot that thinks they know beer cause " ginnus is the only real beer everything else is just water" now that is not the beers fault i just can't stand the attitude of the people who drink it

Heineken not bad but the after tast just sux

that is just my thoughts on beer

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
how come you and tom wimped out? i rode with lisa in the rain..it was good, then we had beer

the rain doesnt hurt..comeon

Top Bottom