MacAskill doing MacAskill Things

iman29

who would even think to try and ride across a tennis net. The chain by the pier also impressive since much higher consequences like falling into the ocean. Guy is insane.

JPark

Is that a custom made bike? I don't see a full rigid bike listed on the SC website. (besides their gravel bike)

iman29

I googled ā€œSanta Cruz trials bikeā€ and this was the first hit. Itā€™s not yellow but looks the same. That probably explains it.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Is that a custom made bike? I don't see a full rigid bike listed on the SC website. (besides their gravel bike)
Custom trials bike: Centred around a completely custom carbon-fibre frame and fork from the US-based brand, the bike's three jobs are to be lightweight, stiff and bombproof.

Lots of great stuff in here, that opener with the bump jump front flip was ridiculous

JPark

I googled ā€œSanta Cruz trials bikeā€ and this was the first hit. Itā€™s not yellow but looks the same. That probably explains it.

I'm surprised they're not selling them to offset the massive R&D costs.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
What I9 hub is he running to use a TrialTech Freewheel?

Also real talk, this video is amazing, but Fabio has definately taken it a notch up from Danny. His new video is of the chain.
Says he is running a Hydra

I think they are hard to compare, Fabio obviously as the edge on the jumping / downhill and high risk stuff however, the pegs on the mtb was just silly. Its cool, but at the same time it looked so forced compared to what bmx guys are doing with pegs these days.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Says he is running a Hydra

I think they are hard to compare, Fabio obviously as the edge on the jumping / downhill and high risk stuff however, the pegs on the mtb was just silly. Its cool, but at the same time it looked so forced compared to what bmx guys are doing with pegs these days.

Wonder if there's a misprint then because the TrialTech is a thread on.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Wonder if there's a misprint then because the TrialTech is a thread on.
Is that a crank mounted one/ fixed rear hub? I am not hip to the current trials trends. It was fun to a crank based one but really sucked from a ā€œI need to pedal some place perspectiveā€

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Is that a crank mounted one/ fixed rear hub? I am not hip to the current trials trends. It was fun to a crank based one but really sucked from a ā€œI need to pedal some place perspectiveā€

Normally it would mount to the crank and the hub would be fixed but he runs an XT crankset with a normal ring so he has to have a regular SS set-up. He doesn't do much traditional trials moves so he definately doesn't need the clearance and such from a front freewheel.

rick81721

Lothar
180919-claire-mccaskill-getty-773.jpg

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I always said, ā€œThe day I see someone ride a bike across a tennis net, is the day I quit riding.ā€

Itā€™s been nice knowing yā€™all.
šŸ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: don
Top Bottom