Lyme disease

I stumbled upon a brochure from "New Jersey Laboratories" where they tell you to send in ticks you've removed for testing for Lyme. Anyone use them?

They ask that the tick be placed into a ziplock with a wet cottonball.

New Jersey Laboratories
New Brunswick, NJ
732-249-0148, 877-TICK-TEST
Culture: $60, freshly dead or alive with no chemicals used to remove tick, Lyme Disease
PCR: $175, dead or alive
http://www.google.com/search?num=20...sey+Laboratories+New+Brunswick+NJ&btnG=Search

I've brought ticks into the Dr's office in the past and they usually tell me "I don't know what to do with that" or "Its dried out, we can't test it".

I might give them a try if I get locked onto by one of these bastards. $60 is is only $20 more than my co-pay and I don't have to sit in the waiting room for 45 mins reading "Highlights" and "Asthma Today" ducking coughs from sick folks. ;)

Can I have some of this please? Why certainly sir.

I got a bit of a pain in the back of my leg yesterday but thought it was a strained tendon or something so didn't worry about it. Went out and celebrated Paddy's day with a few beers and went to bed.

Had the same niggling soreness today so took a look - and there was the arse-end of the little bastard sticking out of my leg. It's a disgusting site. I had to do a hack job to get him out.

I've got the bulls eye markings and read in this thread that you should really have it looked at so I called the doc. I managed to get an appointment today, which was a surprise, so I went along. He took one look and prescribed the same treatment mentioned above - 3 weeks worth. I also got some antibacterial cream to apply as well.

I got back in 3 weeks for a blood test.

I don't feel any different but, again from this site, people mentioned that symptoms can creep up and ignoring it is not good so another reason to visit the doc today.

Plus I managed to get home in time to get 50 minutes on the read before my ears couldn't handle the wind any more.

Nah, there was not much to it. When I squished it not to much Danny-juice was in there. I'm sure the doctor is just being precautionary.

How's the arm, fella?

Nah, there was not much to it. When I squished it not to much Danny-juice was in there. I'm sure the doctor is just being precautionary.

How's the arm, fella?

Surgery today, got home a little over an hour ago, waiting for the meds to wear off to test my manliness.

Make sure you follow through on you blood test, those little F'ers creep me out.

We used this place once with the thought that it was better to spend $ and test the tick then to take an unecessary dose of antibiotics. Test came back negative and never got sick.

I stumbled upon a brochure from "New Jersey Laboratories" where they tell you to send in ticks you've removed for testing for Lyme. Anyone use them?

They ask that the tick be placed into a ziplock with a wet cottonball.

New Jersey Laboratories
New Brunswick, NJ
732-249-0148, 877-TICK-TEST
Culture: $60, freshly dead or alive with no chemicals used to remove tick, Lyme Disease
PCR: $175, dead or alive
http://www.google.com/search?num=20...sey+Laboratories+New+Brunswick+NJ&btnG=Search

I've brought ticks into the Dr's office in the past and they usually tell me "I don't know what to do with that" or "Its dried out, we can't test it".

I might give them a try if I get locked onto by one of these bastards. $60 is is only $20 more than my co-pay and I don't have to sit in the waiting room for 45 mins reading "Highlights" and "Asthma Today" ducking coughs from sick folks. ;)

Dan, with the blood alcohol level that you had, I'm sure you treated the little bugger to one helluva St. Patty's Day.:D

Well it seems like you got it before any symptoms kicked in. You'll be fine if you just take the antibiotic.

I've heard if you eat garlic it keeps the ticks away....

i'm an i-tal and havent ever found any burrowed in...

Knock on wood P.S. spray your legs and especially your shoes with deet

pfft. there isn't a chemical available that would kill anything attrreactesd to my shoeds. :drooling::drooling:

The site of the little bugger in my leg was reminding me of something and I've now just thought of it - it's like when the guy from the film "The Fly" starts turning in to a fly! Gross!

Feeling fine today - like Jeff said, I think the alcohol backfired on the little bastard. That'lll teach 'em.

Dr. Weil says its o.k.:

A widespread myth holds that you shouldn't drink alcohol while taking antibiotics, but in fact, drinking doesn't lessen the effects of the drugs. .)

I agree and always thought drinking had a positive effect with drugs. Especially mescaline.

:worthless
The site of the little bugger in my leg was reminding me of something and I've now just thought of it - it's like when the guy from the film "The Fly" starts turning in to a fly! Gross!

Feeling fine today - like Jeff said, I think the alcohol backfired on the little bastard. That'lll teach 'em.

Sorry, no pics.

The medicine advises to take it on an empty stomach to increase it's effectiveness - I almost yakked this morning. The pills are a bit potent on their own.

Back
Top Bottom